Retroshite

DodgyBastard

26493835579_c447063703_c.jpgDSC_0342 by srblythe, on Flickr

26493835159_f57442ef14_c.jpgDSC_0345 by srblythe, on Flickr

26493834789_9d78920ae7_c.jpgDSC_0346 by srblythe, on Flickr

I am actually planning on grinding the welds flush before anybody mentions the little squares of rust I've chopped out but I want to get the wheel arches finished and it into position where I can fill and paint everything in the one go.

I've chucked on some red oxide primer for the moment because it will be spending some time outside before I get another chance to weld it.

I really just have the arches left to do and a couple of inner arch bits to do, then I can change the tailgate, doors and all of the damaged lights. After that I think I'll swap the struts from the other 305 spares car.

I'm undecided as to whether I should paint it a different colour or just leave it red, I want to get some period sign writing on the side of it.

I think FOADWERX in a retro style would both set off the age relevant lettering - but also be a decent ad for the current business you have going...... I know when I see shonky lovely old workhorses earning their keep (or just tooling around) I always have it stuck in my mind - it tends to be garages or engineering firms mainly.

Fantastic cracking on by the way........ I do love this van.

I think FOADWERX in a retro style would both set off the age relevant lettering - but also be a decent ad for the current business you have going...... I know when I see shonky lovely old workhorses earning their keep (or just tooling around) I always have it stuck in my mind - it tends to be garages or engineering firms mainly.

Fantastic cracking on by the way........ I do love this van.

I could do but I don't actually have a business and only really fix and weld my own cars when I can be bothered, Foadwerx is just a bit of a pisstake really...

26540727569_491dcbf67a_c.jpg38282457162_00edbbaefc_o by srblythe, on Flickr