Peugeot 305 - OFF TAE SCOTLAN.

Jim Bell

Top bombing! Love these, really underrated things, with a superb ride. SRD too so whoever ordered this new went mad on the spec ( prolly amounts to snazzier seats and posh wheel trims which seem to have fallen off anyway)

Great thread/ travelogue (i can half imagine this on a cash strapped/ desperate satellite channel )

Yup, the one with the alloys has been in out staff car park for some months, now with 4 flat tyres and and a green window tint.

My future brother-in-law stayed in Old Bakery Close and didn't tell me they were there. I was half tempted to leave a note on the GLE as it looked like it hadn't moved in aaaaaaaaaaaages and now I wish I had.

FhXVMvm.png

Home safe at 00:42. It's officually a two day collection. Parts of the A1 and A19 were closed completely so I was diverted accross the country. Twice.

Final milage was 435. The fuel light has just come on flickering on gradients so I'm gonna say 450 miles on £40 worth of diesel most likely. I'll do the actual mpg maths after I fill her up again.

Thoughts on the car:

Peugeot 305s were designed as a stealth invasion vehicle for a Shaddow invasion of Africa. CI5 have been "exporting" them to the country of Africa since 1956 and some two hundred million Peugeot 305s now ply their trade in the country of Africa. Sleeper agents posing as taxis and ambulences waiting to be activated. Waiting for the telephone call that will begin the most comfortable and reliable coup in history.

Few remain on these shores, and those that do are thought to be very valuable. Especially gold ones.

During my trip from the narrow sea to the wall, I found the car delightful. The seats are plush and supportive. The steering is light and direct at road speed but very heavy when attempting low speed manoeuvres. Which is to be expected of a car this size with no power steering.

The car seems low geared and is very eager to pick up speed. Though no Rev counter exists, the engine pitch does seem higher than I would expect when doing 70 in fifth gear so I presume that the car is geared more for race track driving. The brakes are solid and firm. Doing their job without issue or complaint.

The suspension is a wonder. Like flying on a squeeky bed.

The lay out of some of the interior is frustrating. The window winder is situated underneath the door pull handle, making it impossible to wind down the window in motion. A leg between the steering wheel and door blocks any access. Similarly the radio, demist, hazard and screen wash controls are all very low down the centre console in front of the gear lever. Making access on the move difficult.

I can find no other issues of note.

I would give the car 7/10. A solid and comfortable conveyance. Does not pull up any trees, unless you need it to. Then it probably would.