CT's Assorted Dross

ChinaTom

Snapped on a brief business trip to Belgium, and Holland.

in Bergen Op Zoom:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lancia Lybra Estate just visible behind the Kia van

Posted Image

Apologies for the lack of clarity here, and you'll just have to trust me on this. This is in Tienen, just outside the sugar factory. On the back of the trailer just visible is a GSA Basalte. Camera phones always slow to react.

Posted Image

Unable to provide evidence, but the Liege ring road sported a fine concours BMW 3300Li saloon. Folkestone service station had a nice late Sigma Estate, and Veurne junction had a Honda Quintet with at least 11 Africans crowding around the open bonnet. It was on UK plates - expect it'll be on the Bay with "small engine problem" within a week. If it is still there tomorrow, I'll get a pic.

and on the way back

Posted Image

2.0 QX

Posted Image

Santana earning a living.

Posted Image

probably the last you'll see of that

Posted Image

Prairie (loads of those on bricks near Guyhirn / March / Downham roundabout on the A47- are they still there?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheap nasty blancmange that followed me (couldn't get past me, obviously!!!) :wink: all the way from Luik. Needed three attempts to get it onto the Chunnel carriage due to vision and width constraints. Detected a strong Lithuanian accent from the two occupants. Tried to chat to them during the crossing, but they didn't know much about the car or English for that matter. Finally blasted past me and into London

Nice high roof Prairie!

Indeed, rare enough to see any Prairie nowadays. Following M11 model getting scarce too (they rot, even a low miles one I looked at a few years back was going bad).I remember the ones on the A47, didn't they also have the odd 504 pickup there?QX's almost always seem to be 2.0. Usually Nissan GB first registered too.

Nice high roof Prairie!

Indeed, rare enough to see any Prairie nowadays. Following M11 model getting scarce too (they rot, even a low miles one I looked at a few years back was going bad).I remember the ones on the A47, didn't they also have the odd 504 pickup there?QX's almost always seem to be 2.0. Usually Nissan GB first registered too.
Why do all Nissan MPV's rot like 70's Fiats? Is it cause they're built in spain like the Serena was (lots of tired looking ones around now)??As for the QX/Maxima range, The 2.0 was a V6 which I don't think was used in any other car. They're stuffed full of toys and never break down or rot, so do we still count them as shite..?

• 3 weeks later...

Detected a strong Lithuanian accent from the two occupants. Tried to chat to them during the crossing, but they didn't know much about the car or English for that matter. Finally blasted past me and into London

Very curious. I wonder what their game was!

Posted Image

Peterboro Sainsbury's car-park - rotten quality pic, but I have never seen a 2 door 80. CC spec adds to the appeal. That is a 'D' on the bumper though. Would B-reg be right for this?

Yes Audi 80 B2 facelift could be had upto C, maybe D reg. I know the 90 of similar style could be had upto D reg.

Posted Image

Prairie

I had never seen a high roof one of those until earlier this year, possibly some sort of wheelchair-carrying conversion??

Didn't they offer mid 1980s Daihatsu Charades with a higher roof as well for some reason?

Didn't they offer mid 1980s Daihatsu Charades with a higher roof as well for some reason?

The higher roof is to accomodate an electric sliding sunroof. We had it on our one. Too much of a sacrifice in looks just for a sunroof IMO. Looks all worng.

• 2 years later...

May as well resurrect this rather than start a new one.

Photo0006b.jpg

Norwich B&Q car park - looked really good.

Photo0009.jpg

Followed this on the A140 - it moved at a fair old lick and the driver really flicked it around the roundabouts.

Photo0011.jpg

flat purple Pride

Photo0010.jpg

just missed these two side by side. Red Fiesta and red Mazda 121

Photo0007.jpg

R-reg heaven.