Torsten's Toss! Is Back!

Torsten2001

Sorry Torsten for hijacking your thread here but check diss out Marty:

Posted Image

This timewarp late days Metro turns up outside our flat all the time, driven by little old lady who's relative lives up on top floor, it is driven from 2 STREETS AWAY and probbo goes as far as the shops and back. I genuinely beleive it has done about 50 miles in 18 years! and it's totally rust free and a metro! also the hyrdagas is still up and bouncin.

OK it's a less vintage Rover era metro but still!

Sure have craig, there's plenty of top brass tat in Glasgow museum of transport including Mk1 Capri, Mk2 Cortina, Volvo Amazon, R12 Gordini and 2cv to name but 5. There's also a 'cut 'n shut Mk3 XR3i with "would you buy this car"? and all the cuts highlighted. Millions of old Motorbikes, bicycles including the world's oldest, Old buses, Trucks Glasgow Trams and the old underground trains - it's not bad and in the summer there are 'world of wheels' meetings in the carpark. There's a 70s ice cream van as a permenant resident outside too - will get a photo

I'm up in Glasgow a lot but never managed to get there, it sounds better than I thought so I'll make sure next time!

Only a couple today, didn't get out much!

1974 Ford Torino I think

Posted Image

PMSL at those Mk3 Granada L wheeltrims! :lol:

Glasgow museum is free entry, last time I was in there was a C-reg mk2 Granny police car, a Panther Kallista and what looked like a Renner 12 with the roof cut off and painted in bright kiddy colours :?:lol:

Shame really - I think the S1s looked far more interesting.

Agreed, and they had a much cooler (weirder) dashboard. But I'd shit myself if I saw a series 1 on the road here- rekon they're all but extinct in this country at least. There was one at the 2cv world meeting in 2005 but with duch plates. So rare they make all CX series1s etc look common (they're not) I never did really like visas but like many autos I've learned about on here, their rareness and unlovedness by any club movement makes them proper shite to me and worthy of worship.

The first couple years Pride production were about a million times better botled together than the last couple of years :evil: Was forever fixing the ex's piece of shit V-reg example!Comedy 121 feature was the unbelievably over-engineered multi-adjustable rear seat :lol: which was a cost they couldn't justify on the Pride

• 2 weeks later...

But I'd shit myself if I saw a series 1 on the road here- rekon they're all but extinct in this country at least. There was one at the 2cv world meeting in 2005 but with duch plates.

One of the London based posters (was it Seth?) posted a pic of a mint original S1 Visa not too long ago. Had French plates though. Although you only said if you saw one on the road here

Around 1991 I felt priveliged to know not one but TWO people who owned a Visa GTi 8) Surely can't be any of those left now! I think these had the Pug 1.6 engine?

Not only did it have the engine, but the whole front end from a 1.6 205GTi - hence the need for those kewl arches to cover the wider track 8)

The Visa was closely based on the Peugeot 104, as was the 205. Scary thought: yer full-house 130 brake 1.9GTi is a 1972 shopping trolley underneath... :shock::D

• 3 weeks later...

Also funny is that the Saxo is fundamentally AX underneath - something to remark to the chav in the VTS next to you at the lights...

That may not bother them seeing as during the early to mid nineties the AX GT was one of the most thrashed, modified hot hatches around, along with Nova's, R5 GT Turbo's, XR2 MkII & III etc. Infact any of the remaining AX GT's are either dog eared & still being thrown into corners by any of the less well off boy racers, or polished up & looked after by shite worshippers who are thinking ahead to the car getting an old hatch following over the next decade......