Torsten's Toss! Is Back!

Torsten2001

To be updated hourly as I stumble across Londons tat

not shite at all but at one time it was of course!

Posted Image

I spot loads of minors, do you want to see them? Love 'em myself but even today I didn't bother photographing about 5, here's todays anyway!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My spot of the day, nicely original down to the LW/MW radio

Posted Image

Runner up for novelty value of course, a Hindustan Ambassador

Posted Image

A soon to be extinct Rover

Posted Image

W123

Posted Image

Really not shite at all, utter sex!

Posted Image

I love these Acclaims, they are such honest cars

Posted Image

A sad yellow Honda

Posted Image

A lonely, sorrowfull little Austin, untaxed and unloved, I want it!

Posted Image

Original RHD Karmann with original 3 letter, 3 number reg

Posted Image

Odd spit

Posted Image

Untaxed bug in nice order despite shite chrome

Posted Image

faded 4

Posted Image

faded 9

Posted Image

A really nice Freight Rover, I hadn't seen one in a while, certainly not this good, then within 5 minutes I saw another two, not as good of course...sods law

Posted Image

Cute Citroen

Posted Image

Rare 3 l VDP

Posted Image

Happy Hyundai cheating death!

Posted Image

Alpine

Posted Image

And finally Grandad...

Posted Image

G'night

I really couldn't be arsed to take any photos today so passed loads of shite all noted for later snaps but I could not resist these two, I've NEVER seen a Panther other than a Kallister or Lima on the road, I do remember these at the 1974 Motor Show with my Dad when I was 9, can't remember the model but I was stunned! Sat in a rat run in SW London, untaxed, a little tatty but solid

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then just around the corner Winnebago over egged the Renault Master Custard somewhat! It is taxed as a Winnebago but is a converted Renault

Posted Image

My spot of the day, nicely original down to the LW/MW radio

Posted Image

A sad yellow Honda

Posted Image

Love that original Audi 80, can't believe I haven't seen one in the flesh, just pictures of them on here & a model of one I bought recently. I see the original 100's crop up more often for some reason.

That sad yellow Honda NSX..... is actually a very cool exclusive sports car, top of their range by some mile. They're around £65,000 to buy new I believe setting it in a price league much higher than other Japanese rivals! :shock: It's Jaguar XK / BMW 6 / Merc SL / Audi RS6 money! I'm sure it's worth it :?

I've had the chance to drive those Hondas on a few occaisions, can't stand them but they are rare, all mouth and no trousers, give me a Jag anytime!The Audi is a cracker, two of my mates had them in the early 80's, both cars engines blew prematurely, strangely enough both on the M6, I'm guessing but maybe they had crap motors?

Have to admit, I'd never really noticed how truly dreadful the front bumper on those X 19s is!! Makes the one on the MGB look quite elegant!! Those impact regulations must have made the stylists weep. I've not really been paying attention to such matters, but what happened to the laws that resulted in those black plastic horrors? Did they change, or have the manufacturors come up with more elegant methods of complying?

I reckon they cunningly came up with a way of making the bumpers utterly disintegrate on the merest touch necessitating several hundred pounds in materials and labour every time you pop to Tescos, just a guess!

You don't drive a Ford Scorpio, by any chance? I don't think I've ever owned or even seen one of those without at least one bit of gaffer tape on a bumper.

Look at any Mondeo and the chances are it'll need a bumper though, a write off in most cases! Old Maestros/Montegos/Rovers are the same, newer VW's/BMW's etc, stick t'shite!

Damn right, Ford has turned struggling aftermarket body parts suppliers into multi-millionaires with their decision to equip Mundaneos with egg-shell-thin bumpers. The spray-painting industry hasn't done quite as well though, judging by the number of people tooling around with primer-grey bumpers affixed to their mid-range Fords (me personally I'd rather have a red front and green rear bumper on my blue car for added shiteness)

You sure know where to come across some stunning stuff out and about! Farina heaven! Goes to show Im not the only one running the risk of the odd dodgy banger racer.I really fancy a sunbeam like that alpine you've found - some mild custom work would make a super car. Any chance of getting a closer shot of that A55 van?

I get very excited about old brit tin, I'll try and get a better shot of the A55 but I reckon it's proper proper f*cked! It was taken over a garden fence whilst two obviously young men were staring at me from an obviously nicked astra and smoking an obviously non legal fag, I didn't hang around. The Alpine would come up nice I reckon, only serious rust in the roof really, it'd be nice just cleaned up!

Today I did find...

A tatty gold Merc!

Posted Image

Surely that Merc can't really be from 1981 X reg? We were well into the 123 series by then!

Oh so it's not just round here then that every single car with a cracked, broken (with fibre glass or foam poking through the holes) or missing bumper happens to be a Mondeo! The regularity of seeing them is a daily occurrence!

False alarm...

abandoned 2002

Posted Image

Posted Image

French R4 Clan

Posted Image

Stag at bay

Posted Image

looks dumped, roof pushed in but taxed to July!

Posted Image

Again, looks dumped!

Posted Image

Stately sharknose

Posted Image

R5

Posted Image

pair-o-whizzkids

Posted Image

DS

Posted Image

A rare Toyota Venture, big in South Africa!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lovely old BMC/Austin/Morris

Posted Image

Espace

Posted Image

Posted Image

244DL

Posted Image

Garden of shite, 323 Baur, Midget and a Diahatsu 55 trying to get out I think!

Posted Image

Tercel!

Posted Image

Cortina, once loved, still salvagable

Posted Image

Early Metro, lovely colour!

Posted Image

Cortinas and a Vitesse

Posted Image

Visa

Posted Image

a big red garden ornament

Posted Image

Somerset

Posted Image

My absolute pick of the week!

Posted Image

http://img2032.photobox.co.uk/429217805ce653d81f8bad4a296482eabb9a0768e126f024561ba957e658f02ea7707a55.jpg

Nice Volvo, that will outlive humanity. I am watching the local Volvo 340 estates and Mercedes Benz 180 estate Diesels of which there seem to be the greatest surviving number of,-out of any shite- I'm trying to work out which is the most 'die hard'Volvo is winning so far