Torsten's Toss! Is Back!

Torsten2001

a smart wee Fiesta

Posted Image

Double Acclaim

Posted Image

Spotted at a recycler, look down the bottom of the pile and you'll see a T reg twin headlamp Skoda, obviously a garage find, well cared for with some nice badges on the front, wish I'd got there first!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maxis do look good in Silver!

Posted Image

Golf C in beige, battered to f*ck

Posted Image

Tax up on this, note left

Posted Image

A pair (maybe three) Landies

Posted Image

Posted Image

Talbot No 3!

Posted Image

Great spots, I assume these are mostly London ones?

Was going to say I dont recognise any, but I did pass an Avantime in the same colou the other day, cant be that many about..

Loving this:

Posted Image

Will have to post some more of my spots - keep up the good work.

Cheers.

I think that Chav should be that terra cotta colour we were once so familiar with!

Have some more from my trip to Paris yesterday:

Giffers 505

Posted Image

Lovely old Citroen and Russian Ural combination

Posted Image

Visa

Posted Image

An Opel Admiral 2600S

Posted Image

Citroen Mehari

Posted Image

This little monkey was abandoned in an Aire on the A15 just South of Boulogne, I've taken a photo of the chassis number if anyone fancies a rescue! Details are:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for KC51 DZK are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2004

Date of First Registration 28 12 2001

Year of Manufacture 2001

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1868CC

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Vehicle Type Approval N1

Posted Image

I'm trying to get my head round both a 51-plate vehicle being 'shite' (although it clearly is!), and a 51-plate vehicle being unlicenced and dumped by the side of the road. I've never ever owned a car anywhere near that new, even my daily driver reliable euro familybox is a good 3 years older!How old is that design anyway? is that the old Visa front end?

C15 ran from '85 to 2004. Yep, that's a Visa front end. It must have been exceptionally profitable for Citroen towards the end of it's life, with the tooling long since paid for!I agree with the sentiment of not being able to understand the abandonment of such a new vehicle - personally, I've not owned anything newer than a 1999 S-reg, or the wife's 51-plater (which I paid for)! Mind you, I've not owned anything older than a 1978 S-plater either...

They bought it off ebay and i a-framed it to them when i went to collect my green Maz 929. But, despite having an MOT cert with the ink still wet on it, it had loads of MOT failure faults (like no sidelight bulbs or holders, amongst loads of other stuff) and the enigne was not happy. They drove it home from where I met them with half the lights not working and having to refill the cooling system every half hour. The seller of the van said he was very sorry and would bring a replacement van to Calais for them to do a swap. But, then never made it back to Calais as the engine died and the seller feller could not find them. So, they abandoned the van, must be getting on for 5-6 months ago, i'm amazed its still there. I might go and get it back and fix it up, doubt my mum would want it back though!

That is quite a coincidence, I was shocked at how shitty it was and yet so new, equally if it was sat in this country for 4-5 months there would be nothing left, hence me being from these parts thinking of nothing more than having it away! It is so close to the port to be almost worth dragging it back, the doors are open and the spare is still sat in the back and the instruction books in the front and apart from the engine being f*cked it looks solid!

Thats amazing, I think the key is hidden in the sunvisor or glovebox or something, would be well easy to go and grab it back again, could get an engine off the bay for £50 i'm sure. Also needs new headlights, assorted bulbs + holders, wipers, exhaust hangers, and the spare wheel is off my Talbot Alpine, I'd like that back!

Wow. I thought (naively) that in this day and age of computerisation, dodgy MOTs were a thing of the past. But then my 405 saloon got a no-advisories ticket without any rear brakes or handbrake to speak of, and rear subframe bushes that were threatening to release the rear axle!The MOT tester who did that one is in Broxbourne, Herts, if anyone wants a hassle-free ticket experience :roll::shock: :lol:Has the HG gone on that C15 then? A tenner's worth of K-Seal might get it running again. EDIT: just seen it has the 1868cc late XUD, that engine is a dog apparently. Lob in a 1905cc TD and it would be a flier!

I too made that assumption, I am still not sure in this day and age why anyone bothers with a dodgy MOT, no MOT tester had bothered to look at this old shitter though.They paid £690 for it off the bay I think, which I thought was not bad for a usable 7-yr old van with a new ticket on it. However it turns out it was the worst £690 they ever spent, and factoring in fuel costs, train tickets and hotel bills after it let them down, it must owe them close to a grand.

They seem to have a completely different mentality in france with regard to abandoned vehicles, when i worked in the alps, all the abandoned seasonaires cars just got dragged to the middle lift station by the authourities, and left there. You found that any with fuel still in, a Renault 11 TXE and a Granada Mk3 spring to mind, soon reappeared in the town having been driven up by locals after a night on the Ricard, only to be abandoned and delivered back to the lift station. I think the 11 TXE reappeared in town about 7 times, gradually becoming more and more battered as most of the time it ended up stuffed into something as part of its journey.You certainly find round the ports there's a huge amount of vehicles abandoned, dont know why people ever bother hitching out of calais, as a short walk round the backstreet's normally reveals an unlocked UK reg'd car with the keys on the seat/glovebox/sunvisor.

Has the HG gone on that C15 then? A tenner's worth of K-Seal might get it running again. EDIT: just seen it has the 1868cc late XUD, that engine is a dog apparently. Lob in a 1905cc TD and it would be a flier!

Stick in a 1.9 16 valve from a BX or Mi16. Or a 2.0 turbo from an XM.Now that'd be interesting. But you wouldn't want to crash it. :shock:

This little monkey was abandoned in an Aire on the A15 just South of Boulogne, I've taken a photo of the chassis number if anyone fancies a rescue! Details are:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for KC51 DZK are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2004

Date of First Registration 28 12 2001

Year of Manufacture 2001

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1868CC

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Posted Image

I wonder how come that date of liability was so long ago then, surely not driven into the ground in 28 months flat then laid up until sold?

This should do me for today, enjoy:

For sale at £395, I have the number if anyone's interested

Posted Image

This is a diplomatic car from the Ivory Coast embassy

Posted Image

Morris 1300

Posted Image

lovely little 323

Posted Image

Prairie high top!

Posted Image

626 wagon