MG ZT 260 v8 - Mustang Rover BMW - Mad Mix!

rawy

Hi All

As some might of spotted in the Ebay thread I recently did a 700 mile round trip to Cornwall to Buy my latest Toy...

2004 MG ZT 260, Mustang 4.6 v8, RWD, Manual Gearbox, 

Was an Ex MG Press Car, has MG Rover Plates Still On it, Full Service History and an Awesome noise!

Garage just sorted a few small issues out & whilst it was there we noticed he had one of each model of MG, in Xpower Grey, so couldn't help but get a pic!

a61d3f398264875.jpg 8bede7397575096.jpg

There were under 900 ever made across the MG/Rover 75, so something of a Special Car!

Cheers

Rawy

Megawant 12.0. 

Does it feel quick? How does it drive?  The general consensus seems to be they're much better than they should be given the budget and general oddness of the project.

I've not pushed it above 3000rpm yet (Has enough torque upto that for day to day), but it seems fairly planted. Its not a light car, so not lightning quick, but quick enough.

They drive great, nicely weighted steering, real mechanical box, comfy, but the noise with the X-Power back boxes..!

Yes they should be a dog when you read about the project, but its not...

Rawy

I have read a bit of comment, likely all $hite, about the Tech Guys wanting to run a 'straight' driveline to the back but, for some reason, the Production guys won out - so it has a multi piece prop that goes 'up n down' along under the car >> NotGood.

any truth?... or am I dimensionally challenged  :?

TS

I nearly bought one and ended up buying the Mustang with the same engine. Nice enough car the MG but the weight kinda hampers it a bit but to be honest, they`re good looking and still pretty swift considering the old 2V gets a bit of a slating.

The 4.6 2v can be made to go pretty well but the most economical route in the long run is FI. I did the whole bolt ons thing and if the truth be told it`s was quite a few quid wasted but , hey ho. It sounded great with the Magnapacks exhaust kit.

They`re a dying breed being consigned to the history books by point scoring environmentalists.. Big, `ungreen, `politically incorrect cars are becoming frowned upon. Save the whale etc.

This guy drives one, honest (I've driven it).

http://yorkshireandhumber.greenparty.org.uk/candidates/scunthorpe-martin-dwyer.html

It looks excellent with the 'Vote Green Party' posters in the windows.