New Uniroyals probably cheaper than used tyres.

gordonbennet

Bought a couple of Bridgestones for the Fiesta (195/50/15) from Tyreleader £72 delivered. Ordered Monday PM arrived Thursday. Paid £30 to get them fitted but still about £20 cheaper than if the fitter supplied the tyres.

Not heard of Openeo before and had a look at the site the other night. Got a better deal from Tyreleader for the afforementioned tyres but couldn't believe the price for 225/40/18 Pirelli P Zeros. Just paid £388 fitted for a set on the Focus which is cheap, but they were £71 each on Openeo! Will certainly bear them in mind in te future.

Locally it is £10 a tyre including valves and balancing, or £8 if you take the old tyre away and bury it or throw it in the sea. They have been that price for at least 10 years and I suspect they still think the year is 1996 or so, but I'm happy to give them money as the service is good, the chat is polite & informed and they are both local & independent.

www.mytyres.co.uk seem to do similar, if not slightly cheaper prices than TyreLeader but I've no idea how reliable they are.  Either way, the prices are temptingly low.

I've found I can get a pair of Toyo Proxes CF2 185/65/R15's for the 940 to replace the knackered budgets on the front from TyreLeader for more or less the same prices as Uniroyals (£77 a pair plus about £20 or so to fit against £120 a pair from a fitter).  I've already got a pair of the Toyos on the rear from a local place and they're absolutely superb tyres.  That said, the 220 is wearing nearly new Uniroyals on the front and they seem to be pretty quiet and grippy so I'd recommend them but the Toyos are so good I'd rather have a matching set.

I got a set of these Uniroyals for our lasses fiat 500, I bought them off camskill because tyreleader were only a bit cheaper and seemed like hard work to deal with.

It  drives nice on them, but I have never felt a tyre with such a soft sidewall. Once fitted you'd never know but it's just something that really surprised me.

My rainsport 3s are very soft too, someone at work commented that they may need pumping up, but i bet their at the right psi.

Ive never had bother with them either. Exited a junction a bit enthusiasticly yesterday and got tyre squeal but only for a sec. Fuel economy seems about the samez but the car handles and feels so much better with 4 matching new tyres on!

My rainsport 3s are very soft too, someone at work commented that they may need pumping up, but i bet their at the right psi.

Ive never had bother with them either. Exited a junction a bit enthusiasticly yesterday and got tyre squeal but only for a sec. Fuel economy seems about the samez but the car handles and feels so much better with 4 matching new tyres on!

Rainsport 3s are very much ftmfw!

Anyone here got a really good bum?....

NO! Not looking good, like Danny LaRue, in a tight gown - an arse that twitches when 'tyre/directional failage' occurs??

I had rears fitted [on price] @ NorthEast Tyres a set of ChongNom dichfinders earlier in the year.
Yesterday I experienced "DRIFT Yo" around a fairly wide open roundabout in blizzing rain - I reckon 24mph - Sawing on realtime opposite lock, and my buttocks nibbling my Y fronts :(

I think my next call will be at ATS for 185/60×14 Riken (own branded). I have had them before and they're GR9.

MizzAfuel... Me :(

TS

Are Kumhos any good? They seem to be the cheapest "decent" make that come in 205/60/16 flavour. I properly nearly stacked the XM on a wet roundabout due to rain and shit front tyres  recently. Time for an investment in some decent rubber methinks...

Are Kumhos any good? They seem to be the cheapest "decent" make that come in 205/60/16 flavour. I properly nearly stacked the XM on a wet roundabout due to rain and shit front tyres  recently. Time for an investment in some decent rubber methinks...

Uniroyals seem damn cheap in that size for their rain expert

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-205-60-15-0-V/?m=10

Kumhos are decent- know some chaps who have used them with great success on relatively powerful 3/5 series cars, and my old boys 520i is rolling on them too

Kumhos are decent- know some chaps who have used them with great success on relatively powerful 3/5 series cars, and my old boys 520i is rolling on them too

Ah, so they are, just a few quid more than KUMHOES

I has kumos on my 206 and puma, and they were ok, never did any mileage though as i still lived at home.

My uniroyals have been gr9 in this rain. Theres a bit of the m40 that always floods, ive nearly properly shit myself before in the old zx on fucked tyres hitting it, even the xm went a bit squiffy. Hit it at 75 the other day after heavy heavy rain and it lifted up slightly, but stayed straight and before i had a chance to really think about it it was gone and i was on non flooded tarmac. Drove the local roads (bv will know, but thame to lewknor, and thame to chinnor) in a rainy spell and didnt really slow down to compensate, but then it was quiet, and it was brilliant!

Bloke at work spunked £100 on, in his own words 'the cheapest tyres the local place do' for 2 and isnt too impressed, but at least its legal he says (he would fit right in here tbh)

I vote uniroyals! Wish id had them fitted to the xm rather than part worn winters on the front and part worn normals on the rear.

Just noticed it's for 15's not 16's they're a good 10 quid more expensive. grrr.

Have just tried Tyreleader for the first time - largely on recommendation of this place (God help me.....). So here's the story - a positive one at that.

Ordered 4x Uniroyal Rainmasters for the hack 406 (stock steels 195/65/15) at £32.69 each on 17th, a Friday, they turned up on Wed 22nd after a general email specifying date of delivery from DPD the previous day and another on the morning giving an hour slot which was great as I was just off nights then (the reason I ordered when I did). They showed up when they said, four boots delivered for £131, that takes some beating.

Had already sounded out my local 'pet' tyre shop, a really good independent place (ATS etc can FRO) who were happy to do the whole fitting bit for £15 per wheel plus threw in an alignment check too. I could have got it cheaper but that'd have meant driving far further to save a tenner and I don't begrudge the slightly higher charge as the said shop I use aren't making any money off the tyres retail-wise plus they're a good bunch who've done me favours in the past so I'd like to keep the relationship going esp. as they are literally only a mile away.

So on Thursday, they were fitted, the old Barums (bar the best one, now the spare, replacing a leaky old GoodYear) dumped and new Uniroyals fitted, balanced etc for another £60 so total new-bootage cost £191 - I have no problem with this even if someone wants to point out that's over half what I paid for the car originally!

Opinion: Uniroyals work well on my 406TD, quieter and feel much more stable esp as I've decided to keep this as my hack until spring.

Would happily use TyreLeader again after this.

No worries, although I as just about to hit confirm!

Just ordered a pair of Kumho KH18s for the from of the XM. We're currently on holiday south of Aberyswyth and have arranged to have the tyres delivered and fitted at a local garage for £10.50 a wheel. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan!!