Richard

At 3ton tis cambelt roulette time surely?

That's more my line of thought although it would be a shame to blow what is still quite a low mileage engine for a diseasel. Guess I'll see how long I want to keep it for, and what a replacement costs, but I doubt I'd see much change from £300.

I can see me slinging the wheeltrims altogether tbh. I quite fancy the idea of giving he wheels a lick of black satin and pick out the rim in silver, if that's not deemed too YOSC3N3.

I have a couple of questions, mainly for Richard if he sees this but one of them's not specific to this car so advice will be gratefully received from anyone.

1 -  Do diseasels generally take more churning to start than petrols or is the half dozen 'turns' of the motor before it fires in the morning normal? Don't get me wrong, it starts fine but maybe I'm just more used to the 'turn the key and the engine's running' experience from other cars recently. I know to wait for the glow plug light to go out btw.

2 - Also, more for Richard. I haven't tried it yet, but I noticed reading the handbook that the rear window opens separately from the tailgate, but on a couple of Citroen forums I looked at it's common for it to go phut and it can open but not close again, so I'd rather not try it unless I know it works. Did you use that feature much?