Shitefest 2015 5-7th June

mat_the_cat

I was briefly there today due to car and family issues.....

Followed convoy between a Rover 75 and a Peugeot 405 as far as Bala then stopped for a sandwich, first food of the day. Carried on for a bit but got a bit despondent due to lack of time so headed for home instead. Off to Brum in a minute for a night out that was booked months ago....

Put 200 miles on the Standard with no issues other than spongy brakes

Met a few people  though, in no particular order :

Ian dollywobbler - well done, nice venue and organisation ( better than mine )

Richard - cheers for the book, much appreciated

Skizzer - PM me if you want any Renault bits ( free )

Joe - PM me how you want me to pay you, paypal or bank transfer?

Catsinthewelder Rich again - can you pick up that gas bottle from Joe please, I forgot

A few other who`s names I didnt get

I am quite disappointed, I would much rather get pissed in a field than go to Birmingham :(

Yay, Rich has brought the ex-Eddy/Marty/etc Cherry. Bloody love that thing.

In other news, I have chalked fuck on making it to Wales. I'm currently somewhere in (almost certainly) Austria. Spent all morning looking for a main road to hitch from with no success. Serves me right for finding woods to camp in whilst tipsy and subsequently forgetting how I got there. Lady_B has hastened the decision to call off the journey with some reasoned shouting and swearing, she's probably right and she has lady parts she lets me enjoy so I agreed with her. Instead of having a mega SF in Wales I was resigned to having my own little gathering in the woods, sans voitures.

And thus, EuroShiteFest '15 was born, this very morn.

I can haz not bean happy :(

11419774_10152866753401863_820552016_n.j

I might go and round up Lukas and have the rest of ESF '15 in his garden.

Or just head back to BG.

Or stay in this generic fast food establishment with wi-fi that I'm currently in for a couple of weeks.

BALL SACKS.

I really wanted to be there.

Why did you take the logs out of the pug before lighting them??? Home safe and mother in law surviving but with tooth through lip and big bruise on her chin... not good when your 81...

31/2 hours home including petrol/coffee stop :) Thanks for a great weekend and jealous you are all pissed.... but having a dorset apple snapps in your honour...

There was lots of this:

18353058409_a25e82ca3f_b.jpg

This:

18351470868_3c3b7f353e_b.jpg

These:

18539278195_0f43f0b97f_b.jpg

And this:

18541214921_ac42717c53_b.jpg

Gr9 two days. Wish I could have stayed over on Saturday but I last put my tent away in 2000 after the Reading Festival. Starion had its first proper drive in 11 years and feels properly cleaned out. 280 miles, knackered and I am now off out for the night!

I think I said this last year, but I'm definitely coming next year.

Today however I dressed up as a superhero, went on a bouncy castle many times, and made sure 160 kids had a great time. It was a tough choice so hopefully shitefest won't clash next year.

I think I said this last year, but I'm definitely coming next year.

Today however I dressed up as a superhero, went on a bouncy castle many times, and made sure 160 kids had a great time. It was a tough choice so hopefully shitefest won't clash next year.

Sounds fun too :) bring it here

Home safe and mother in law surviving but with tooth through lip and big bruise on her chin... not good when your 81...

Oh dear - hope your mum in law is ok. Perhaps best to leave her at home next year? I'd heard Dollywobbler can get a bit 'punchy' round a camp fire, but this sounds like it all got a bit out of hand.

Glad everyone's having a good time.

At the moment I'm here with a dog slow pc and an out of mot V70.

It failed on the handbrake - as suspected, only one side though, but something else which took me by surprise - both outer cv boots.

I was going to have a bash myself, but work has taken up all my time.

Got a local mobile mechanic to come round on Friday. He jacked the passenger side up, cracked off the end nut on the driveshaft, left the nut on, whacked it with a hammer a couple of times, told me it was seized, drunk the tea I made for him, then effed off.

So, can I take this opportunity to ask this : Should the driveshaft move in the hub without loosening any other stuff off?

The mobile mechanic only removed the driveshaft end nut and didn't slacken anything else off.

I ran out of time, and had to leave as soon as the SVM led convoy arrived at The Hafod. Twas good to meet some people, and hopefully will be in attendance for the duration next year. The trip was worth it just to see this fine chariot up close -

20150606_101814_zps6eb63975.jpg

Pleasant drive home too with very little traffic to hinder progress.

20150606_173651_zps0f442e16.jpg