Rusty Triumphs in Scotland - Dolomite in "most reliable" shocker - 08/02/24

captain_70s

Wow! This thread is amazing, some fantastic work by GingerNuttz,absolutely brilliant and amazing progress.

If you fancy a free all expenses paid holiday in Wales next year, let me know.  I could have some of the fleet looking like new in a few weeks if you took up my offer, you may not get much time to get to the seaside though. 😀

There are some great threads and very skilled people on here, I really enjoy seeing the updates.

I think this says it all, to much acclaim. Superb work.

verb
verb: acclaim; 3rd person present: acclaims; past tense: acclaimed; past participle: acclaimed; gerund or present participle: acclaiming
  1. praise enthusiastically and publicly.

Fantastic work fellas. 

I've just been reading of the multiple close shaves with the reaper this little car had prior to your ownership. I reckon it was fate that you ended up buying it.

It definitely sounds like its got nine lives and it's certainly fallen on it's feet with you as it's owner. 

Heart-warming. 

This is the texbook case of a project spiralling out of control that your mother warned your about.

I think the first weekend pretty much went as planned and we were at the stage of discussing options for painting the wheels before I turned up a few days later with half a missing chassis leg. Once we really started wailing on it with hammers and chisels it became more obvious how much of the car was actually just underseal and it was downhill from there.

With the chassis legs repaired and a rear valance made the inner arches were found to not exist, this extended all the way up the outer edges of the strut towers up to the level of the parcel shelf. 

It'd have been one thing to know how rotten it was from the outset but it held up against the initial probing incredibly well, which is why I sacked off the Volvo which had crumbled to dust under stern looks.

Oh, I also turned up from work yesterday to find this MYSTERY BOX on the doorstep.

who.thumb.jpg.56728f0e13db8ecb03f7d5a4ad409fe1.jpg

131303325_665852990728829_3803294528845408503_n.thumb.jpg.9a760c5c19d74ef38f94b17a25a258f3.jpg

8 hours ago, captain_70s said:

This is the texbook case of a project spiralling out of control that your mother warned your about.

I think the first weekend pretty much went as planned and we were at the stage of discussing options for painting the wheels before I turned up a few days later with half a missing chassis leg. Once we really started wailing on it with hammers and chisels it became more obvious how much of the car was actually just underseal and it was downhill from there.

With the chassis legs repaired and a rear valance made the inner arches were found to not exist, this extended all the way up the outer edges of the strut towers up to the level of the parcel shelf. 

It'd have been one thing to know how rotten it was from the outset but it held up against the initial probing incredibly well, which is why I sacked off the Volvo which had crumbled to dust under stern looks.

Oh, I also turned up from work yesterday to find this MYSTERY BOX on the doorstep.

who.thumb.jpg.56728f0e13db8ecb03f7d5a4ad409fe1.jpg

131303325_665852990728829_3803294528845408503_n.thumb.jpg.9a760c5c19d74ef38f94b17a25a258f3.jpg

Probably not a great idea to share your actual name on a public forum chap.

0ff354f2939e563bdac917ac4f6569b8_w200.gif

1 hour ago, GBJ said:

Why?

Because fraudsters on teh internetz will steal his identity, travel back in time to shoot JFK before Oswald, hawk London Bridge to credulous merkins, sell GF 70s into white slavery and sign him up for a subscription to Reader's Digest Fiction Anthology of the Month.