Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

20 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

really?

IMG-20190121-WA0006.jpg

Sleeping in the front seat of a car is equally doable, though admittedly probably not with a dodgy back. I slept in the driver's seat of my C2 in a layby by Loch Lomond once in order to meet a friend in the morning, woke up at 6am and was able to proceed to my destination/coffee merely by flinging my blanket on the back seat and putting the seatback back upright, no need to exit the car into the cold Scottish morning air!

I slept in the front seat of the Porsche in a 24hr car park on Knight Street in Liverpool just last week. Not the least comfortable night's sleep I've had tbh. Although I did have to open the door at 6am because by then I'd replaced all the breathable oxygen with arse gas.

38 minutes ago, MondeoBlues said:

I slept in the front seat of the Porsche in a 24hr car park on Knight Street in Liverpool just last week. Not the least comfortable night's sleep I've had tbh. Although I did have to open the door at 6am because by then I'd replaced all the breathable oxygen with arse gas.

Doesn’t the sunroof have a tilt mode?

6 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

It's unlikely that I will be able to make this one, but I don't suppose anyone picked up a small red keyring torch from last weekend?

download.jpg.9a612219653545796b6ec4922ed893cb.jpg

I'm hoping @Six-cylinder, @Mrs6C, @Talbot or @Crackers may have seen it before laying the roadway (assuming that is where I've lost it!)

@Slowsilver is coming over this afternoon to cut the camping paddock grass so we will keep an eye out for it.

Today @Slowsilver came over and did the mowing of the camping paddock ready for 21/22 Aug weekend. It was hard going as the mower kept throwing its drive belt. Several times we had to stop to refit the belt and ending up spending more time fixing it that cutting grass. The belt is now off so I can get a new one ready for cutting the orchard 21/22 Aug..

IMG_20210811_150725 broad.jpg

IMG_20210811_142931 broad.jpg

IMG_20210811_161045 broad.jpg

IMG_20210811_193044 broad.jpg

I saw the current title of this thread and thought I would take the opportunity to temporarily augment the Vauxhall collection with my modern*. It's only 22 years old and I have only owned it for 19 of them. The Maxi is alive and well but sulking in the garage as it now has to compete with the Mondeo for attention.

13 hours ago, Talbot said:

That mower really is on his last legs isn't it. 

Got space for a Saxo ready for "conversion"?

I do think that is a very rude thing to say to Slowsilver!

As you know space at FoD is not the problem, I feel we have enough vehicles on site at the moment. Having the parts there is fine.

IMG_20210811_151226 broad.jpg

Saxo in scrap yard v2.jpg