Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

46 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

we'd be at 2000w

Which is the continuous rating of the inverter I have.  It will do 4kw peak, 2kw continuous.  The only "pain" is that it needs 4 lead-acid batteries to run it, as it's 48V input.

12 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Is there running water on site at the FoD

Yes.  The only service that it does have.

52 minutes ago, 3VOM said:

Depends how bothered 6C is with the amount of work needed v quality of finish. Both those dents look bastards to get out completely, and the back one needs like a double pull, IMHO.

What bodywork tools, heat gun etc. are available?

Just the best that can be done without damaging the paintwork any further would be great.

There are no bodywork tools on site.

7 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Just the best that can be done without damaging the paintwork any further would be great.

There are no bodywork tools on site.

I have a small suction cup I use for pulling the screens out of smart phones and the such like

I can bring that along if its any use? LOL

59 minutes ago, kirton said:

I have some cf2 spares, any use?

Why is there anything wrong with our CF2 that has not been run for 11 years!:D

I have heard on the grape vine it needed the radiator replacing. The fuel tank has been damaged. We have the door condition unknow. The plan 21/22 Aug is to explore what is needed.

IMG_20210805_121321 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

One working cleaner sorted, of zero value to me, the random dyson tools it has with it are more valuable, and their worthless too! 

20210807_104227.thumb.jpg.405a4bbdf64d848343ba32c4d9b12223.jpg

Ready to suck up shit, piss, rust, oil or whatever comes it's way! 

@Talbot will your kit run it? It's a bit more powerful than I thought but equally it's a fucking cheap shitty motor in it so I imagine these stats are a lie

20210807_104236.thumb.jpg.337dd2792342951615f0b71522b3e574.jpg

I do also have 2...although the 2nd has no tools, no hose and does have a waft of carbon about it which might be the motor not having long left (although it runs OK) or that it was full of soot with the wrong filter fitted... If anyone wants it to do anything with for £0 shout and I'll bring it along! 

20210807_104220.thumb.jpg.0ee55c3070551e63abd9a303f6d179f2.jpg

Can bring another cleaner if needed but we'd be at 2000w then which may be pushing it a bit for a generator... And I'd care more about said other cleaner than this one! 

One is just fine and I have to leave it to your judgement which one you are happy to use in the field. There is always a risk of a shiter fitting a rocket motor on it to cruise the field on as it has wheels!

IMG_20210804_164247 broad.jpg

IMG_20210805_123714 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

Which is the continuous rating of the inverter I have.  It will do 4kw peak, 2kw continuous.  The only "pain" is that it needs 4 lead-acid batteries to run it, as it's 48V input.

Yes.  The only service that it does have.

I'll just bring the one then sounds like it'll run it at full power nicely! I even found some crappy bags to fit so we're not having to clean the tiny filter every 5 minutes. Has a blowing port too which I imagine will be quite handy

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Ooh, it's one of those.  That could be interesting* on motorway hills with a car on the back.

A long time a go he used to tell us stories of picking a manta up on the back of that and plodding his way across country, slowly. 

needs a fresh can of diesel and a battery, i bet it’ll run….. I’d love a stab at that.

29 minutes ago, 666jjp said:

that almost looks like a fork lift was used to move it.

Tractor/digger with forks on.  The cars were cleared out of a unit with the intent to scrap so care wasnt taken sadly. Luckily nothing was roof lifted tho

Some are a sorry sight to see but the fate could have been much worse. they are in the right hands now. 

29 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

What engine is in the Carlton? At a guess it may have been a scrap organ donor for the Manta.

1.8i, it was close to being back on the road after a top end strip down and rebuild due to clagged up lifters, causing a running issue when i owned it, i wanted rid asap and as ian loved that carlton when i had it,  it went to him. 

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Are the Vauxhalls from the same fella as the burgundy estate which was Talboted?

Yes the red Carlton Club estate was part of the same collection.

Talboted! It was more complicated than that as Andyrew also played a major part getting it back on the road and ianbmw was also involved.

6 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

1.8i, it was close to being back on the road after a top end strip down and rebuild due to clagged up lifters, causing a running issue when i owned it, i wanted rid asap and as ian loved that carlton when i had it,  it went to him. 

It looks complete.

IMG_20210804_165953 broad.jpg