Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

39 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Yes. I live down that way and can act as a Shitely courier if needed. 

That'd be GR9. 

58 minutes ago, 3VOM said:

Me. Hope to be going to next one and will be in the Volvo.

I'm going down too hopefully. 

All Leave cancelled!

Following the arrival of 8 more broken and rusty cars at the FoD there is plenty of opportunity 21/22 Aug to explore what we have. Maybe even start a few.

I was only able to buy the 1976 Manta 1.9 Auto coupe that Mrs6C wanted if I bought all 8 cars. Just to complicate things the cars, the remains of a bereavement sale had ended up unwelcome on a third parties property. The cars were in a field sheeted down and I was not permitted to inspect them prior to purchase. Even after my offer had been accepted the owner of the land did not want me there so I just had to send in professional transport companies to take then to the FoD, which happened yesterday.

What have I ended up with? Come along 21/22 Aug and judge for yourselves.

IMG_20210805_193407 broad.jpg

IMG_20210804_172706 broad.jpg

IMG_20210805_121543 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - 21/22 August Field of Dreams weekend, call to arms there is exciting work to be done!
1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

That Carlton looks a peach, clean MOT passes for years including the last one in 2017, only a bit of welding 10 years ago and less than 40k miles! 1.8 FTW!

The deceased was a nice bloke the previous owner to him is a right throbber tho

He is some bloke that owns mk4 astras, an mx5s and a wanky land rover. .  

Screenshot_20210806-122835.thumb.jpg.5832166cbb407ec28c6fcbf1e09f65ab.jpg

13 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

Your going to need the mousesucker3000 from vice grip garage i can 100% confirm. 

I can bring my metal aquavac and many bags, although not sure how it'll run from the Generator, it can barely power a Henry at 3/4 speed? But the aquavac can suck up whatever shite it finds, it's hardcore like that!

Or I can brave the depths of the shed and find out something truly disposable... when it's full I'll drop it in a skip on the way home (involves it not raining for 5 minutes though so I can get the whole shed emptied to find it

11 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I can bring my metal aquavac and many bags, although not sure how it'll run from the Generator, it can barely power a Henry at 3/4 speed? But the aquavac can suck up whatever shite it finds, it's hardcore like that!

I may have to look at bringing the 2kw inverter up then.  Run the generator to keep the batteries charged, but run the vac from the batteries through the inverter.  Much kinder on the motor windings.