Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

I have got my AX out today in the sunshine. The plan is for it to go to my favourite garage next week to sort out the problem that it will not idle. Also it has a problem with road vibration which is disappointing because it has had new tyres only a few miles ago so were they balanced badly or is there something else wrong. A fresh MOT may show something up as it ran out last month.

IMG_20210228_162237 broad.jpg

I had my yellow Land Rover repossessed today!

Well the truth is I never owned it, but I have had possession of it for the last 18 month along with the keys and permission from the owner to use it. Covid has spoiled that as I only used it once since I have had it.

The owner is American and it is now going to be shipped to the states. Part of the delay was sorting out its paperwork as it started life as a grey Telecom V8, went to Europe and was fitted with a Turbo diesel engine and other changes then somebody changed the vin plate to reflex the alterations made. It had to have its original identity confirmed by Land Rover to get into the states.

I am told the owner who is a Land  Rover enthusiast is thinking of buying another one to keep in the UK for when he visits. Just thinking out loud, now if he only comes over for a few weeks of the year and rest of the time it could be mine!

IMG_20210228_135738 broad.jpg

I collected my CLK today with a fresh MOT, not trouble free as it was a fail again to start with.

Yes I bought this from a trusted shiter of this parish @HMC and have had to MOT it twice, both times fails, first year a side light bulb and second time just now a wiper blade! I wish I had been able to buy that Jaguar from him!

IMG_20210302_172053 broad.jpg

Mrs6C washed the C15 van today and now hundreds of creatures and Lichens are homeless and it looked like some were not even from this planet!

I was disappointing that @beko1987 did not do his exercise walking around the van today with a wash mitt in his hand!

A real treat for the van now as we have a new toy, a dehumidifier and that is now inside the van. 

IMG_20210302_171938 broad.jpg

Are dehumidifiers worth having, yes is the simple answer.

I have put the dehumidifier in the 200TE, 156 saloon and AX and got 250/300ml of water out of each in 7 hours using our night time electric rate. Last night Mrs6C put it in the C15 van as she had noticed it was damp in there and condensation often formed on the inside of the roof. This morning she had collected 900ml of water overnight!

Thanks @Zelandethfor helping us make this investment decision and choose a machine.

IMG_20210303_083056 broad.jpg

IMG_20210303_082924 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - C15 van looses nearly a litre of water and that is a good thing!
2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I bet you could proof that knowing how many apples that things had in it

Bottle it as some fine liqueur 

during one of the one before last Autoshite Virtual FoD group Zoom call thingy

I had the suddenly realisation while others where talking about alcoholic beverages that you can ferment anything with sugar  in it (since its the sugars that the yeast etc want, does not matter what the sugar is in really)

which I really should of realised sooner since I have seen this video where someone makes moonshine out of toilet paper 

so I was suddenly curious what would happen if you tried to ferment something like tomatoes and what would the resulting drink be called

so your comment makes me wonder what would a drink made from Fermented C15 be called LOL

18 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

during one of the one before last Autoshite Virtual FoD group Zoom call thingy

I had the suddenly realisation while others where talking about alcoholic beverages that you can ferment anything with sugar  in it (since its the sugars that the yeast etc want, does not matter what the sugar is in really)

which I really should of realised sooner since I have seen this video where someone makes moonshine out of toilet paper 

so I was suddenly curious what would happen if you tried to ferment something like tomatoes and what would the resulting drink be called

so your comment makes me wonder what would a drink made from Fermented C15 be called LOL

Whatever it was I bet it'd make a plastic glass go rusty... 

@hairnetcan have the first snifter!

7 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Are dehumidifiers worth having, yes is the simple answer.

I'm assuming you both make sure that the car is as sealed as it can be when running the dehumidifier overnight?  If there's any air path into/out of the car, all you'll be doing is pulling water from ambient air.  The trick to drying a car out is to get the interior air down to about 20% RH, whereby it can then start pulling moisture out of carpets/doorcards/seats/anything else damp.

3 minutes ago, Talbot said:

I'm assuming you both make sure that the car is as sealed as it can be when running the dehumidifier overnight?  If there's any air path into/out of the car, all you'll be doing is pulling water from ambient air.  The trick to drying a car out is to get the interior air down to about 20% RH, whereby it can then start pulling moisture out of carpets/doorcards/seats/anything else damp.

All our car have rust holes, just some are larger than others!

46 minutes ago, Talbot said:

If there's any air path into/out of the car, all you'll be doing is pulling water from ambient air. 

It may have pulled in a bit, but the inside was definitely a lot drier this morning! Usually we have our own cloud forest weather system going on in there... this morning it was all dry! We had lots of rain this afternoon though, so we'll give it another go...

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes