Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

sounds like he/they need the space but he was gonna frag it anyway if no interest

theres only 35 million other cars on uk roads - youll find other more worthy tat :D

sight unseen might be ok sometimes for something weird or odd but not a fiat supermini

can i have the money you were gonna spend please?

@Frogchod mystery buy would be good :D

41 minutes ago, hairnet said:

sounds like he/they need the space but he was gonna frag it anyway if no interest

theres only 35 million other cars on uk roads - youll find other more worthy tat :D

sight unseen might be ok sometimes for something weird or odd but not a fiat supermini

can i have the money you were gonna spend please?

@Frogchod mystery buy would be good :D

I think he was going to scrap it too, and was chancing his luck.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I thought about going to have a look at Fiat Seicento SX this morning for sale on FB, but the seller has put me off.

Seicento.jpg

I’d leave these little Fiats . Pain in the Arse to work on as no room under bonnet , had one with typical Fiat wiring problems ****

Not much car wise to report this holiday, my lazy/play it safe streak saw me take the Range Rover to drive the 200 miles to visit Mrs6C’s parents in Wales. Mrs6C is staying in Wales a little longer so our XM also got a trip to Wales.

Originally the plan was we would go down in one car and Mrs6C would drive back her father’s Berlingo face lift for us to sell for him. This was because his original MK1 Berlingo was running fine again, but now it isn’t so he is going to hold onto the face lift for now.

Baged a couple of models for Christmas but not really my Scale.

I was advised as it was going to rain overnight I should move the RR across the ford or it would become challenging, I did not move it until the morning but it did not become challenging at all.

When I got home I had to repair the firebox in our Rayburn stove before I could light it. Dig out some broken Firebrick and add fire cement was really all that I did but I cannot put two hands and a light in as I would have liked through the firebox door.  

( more husband and wife communications this time with 200 miles between us, Mrs6C did you see there was a bad derailment at Harpers Ferry)

IMG_20191226_100759 broad.jpg

IMG_20191225_132027 broad.jpg

IMG_20191226_101523 broad.jpg

IMG_20191227_083611 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

I thought that was last week?

21st Dec, but I did not spot it until yesterday. It is a place Mrs6C and I know well and we have walked the Appalachian trail along side the railway hoping a train would cross while we were on the bridge!

z harpers.jpg

When I was in Lansing in 2016 there was some sort of comicon-type event going on in the city and all the central hotels were booked up so I ended up staying in a motel on the outskirts, right by the railway line.  The PAAAAARP PAAAAAARP PARP PAAAAAAAAAAARP of the incoming CSX freight train at 6.30am each morning made an interesting alternative to an alarm clock.

Didn't realise there was a railway line and crossing behind the restaurant we were in up north (think we were a few hours north of Macinac) and when I walked out the door I was greeted by the train that was just approaching the crossing blasting the horn.

I must have got a good few feet of air given how far it made me jump.  Hooooooolly hell they are loud up close...

59 minutes ago, SiC said:

Bonnets popped on the VP. Is it having some more love? Or needing some more love?

I thought about taking it to a small show tomorrow at Weedon, but the battery was flat so it is now on charge.

Thinking about timings I will have to take the new swap or it will finish as I get there, although it is a bit young at 18 years old really.