Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Maseratis will be Maseratis!

All the rubber fuel pipes have been replaced because of fears of further rubber hoses cracking and leaking, bearing in mind there are rubber fuel hoses in the plenum chamber feed by hot turbos. MOT is now completed with just minor stuff like washers and number plate lights.  

So the car rewards us by the drivers window packing up, motor turns so I suspect the drive cog/rack thing as we have had a problem with one before.

Anyway I collected it today and it is good fun!

IMG_20191126_130432 broad.jpg

Is any body free on Saturday or poss Sunday to help me get the Xantia ready for transporting?

In spite of my good advice Mrs6C says I need to have a replacement Auto gearbox fitted to the Xantia V6 and I have found one so need to get it transported from Buckingham to Welwyn Garden City next week.

Problem 1, my regular transport guy says I am too heavy, well he has a 1400kg max pay load and the kerb weight for the Xantia V6 is 1490 kg so I need to find someone else.

problem 2, small trees have grow around the car and need chopping down to get the car out.

problem 3, there is a dead Triumph Herald and bench that need moving out of the way.

problem 4, it needs a quick wash off to make it look like it is worth saving.

The good news is it started with a jump and has lifted on its suspension.

IMG_20191126_143143 broad.jpg

IMG_20191126_143717 broad.jpg

IMG_20191126_143818 broad.jpg

IMG_20191126_144850 broad.jpg

31 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Weather is getting a bit mucky for classics to be on the motorway, but you can try my CLK if you like?

The new thing? Sure, great.  If it’s reliable it would be fun. 10 am Saturday field of dreams? Happy to help get the maser into storage too. Nothing like a displacement activity- I have the monthly invoices to prepare plus my ccc column and the prep for my RSC meeting on Tuesday. 

Plus the merc was making funny noises. No rest for the wicked.

21 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

The new thing? Sure, great.  If it’s reliable it would be fun. 10 am Saturday field of dreams? Happy to help get the maser into storage too. Nothing like a displacement activity- I have the monthly invoices to prepare plus my ccc column and the prep for my RSC meeting on Tuesday. 

Plus the merc was making funny noises. No rest for the wicked.

I was thinking 11 am start as it is going to be a cold start to the day, but can do 10am if that what you want? 

Is any body free on Saturday or poss Sunday to help me get the Xantia ready for transporting?
In spite of my good advice Mrs6C says I need to have a replacement Auto gearbox fitted to the Xantia V6 and I have found one so need to get it transported from Buckingham to Welwyn Garden City next week.
Problem 1, my regular transport guy says I am too heavy, well he has a 1400kg max pay load and the kerb weight for the Xantia V6 is 1490 kg so I need to find someone else.
problem 2, small trees have grow around the car and need chopping down to get the car out.
problem 3, there is a dead Triumph Herald and bench that need moving out of the way.
problem 4, it needs a quick wash off to make it look like it is worth saving.
The good news is it started with a jump and has lifted on its suspension.

2087382287_IMG_20191126_143143broad.thumb.jpg.2fc5f809a50336de81f7ecfcc15cc8ed.jpg
1148016886_IMG_20191126_143717broad.thumb.jpg.de63683f2362e606b6881cc9e57f27af.jpg
1496535300_IMG_20191126_143818broad.thumb.jpg.c05a88dad850006b3b722e2ec9ed8ffd.jpg
841290113_IMG_20191126_144850broad.thumb.jpg.48f02a27f2bde855bb57bbd7edd16d28.jpg
Glad this will live on, looked a lovely old thing when I saw it a few months ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Glad this will live on, looked a lovely old thing when I saw it a few months ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I nearly bought it before the six cylinders. Patrick was tempting me with it, but I was concerned about the auto box. Not without foundation it seems.

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

It was 8 years ago we bought it.

Yes, before I bought the merc ( 8 years in feb ) and was trying to find something to replace the c5, possibly 9years!! Hell it must be that longer than that since roger Bradford died since I was offered his lpg v6  xantia too.

It did look very smart when we got it.

The story is:

Mrs6C says have you seen the Xantia V6 for sale

me yes

Mrs6C I really like that

me yes but they are expensive to run and we could have a Jag or something for that money

Mrs6C you don't understand, I have just watched you buy two BMWs now just go and buy it for me!

Xantia1.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, Andyrew said:

This is true, 

My disco has developed new tech all on its own

Self cleaning deep soak carpets,  automatic wipers that come on by themselves rain or shine, additional floor ventilation to help the self washing carpets air out, And a self emptying engine oil system. 

It's just last week upgraded to a self draining coolant system now aswell. 

posh ones have self-opening roof to allow for extra gravity deep clean cycle