Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

4 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

I can see space for two more, easily.

B- not trying hard enough.

The wide lens deceives, there is under 6ft between the AX and garden kerb, we also suffer in we can end up last car in, stoppers the bottle!

Don't forget two in the garage and two in the lay-by!

On 8/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, Six-cylinder said:

Just thinking out loud!

Sunday 29th September is Milton Keynes BL Autumn day at the museum and what car to take? The two Sovereigns fit the pre 1997 BMC, BL and Rover group restrictions, but I feel I would rather take the VP1500 or Metro. Which one???

This is what I am thinking, take them both. Press-gang an innocent shiter to come to Buckingham leave there car and drive a tidy MG Metro or the scuffest VP 1500 on the road the 11 miles to the event and spend the day bathing in BL beauties.

Any takers? 

IMG_20190810_143342 BL crop broad.jpg

Sure. I’ll help.

11 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Sure. I’ll help.

I was thinking about needing to press gang one shiter to make my dream come true of the Metro and VP1500 going to BL day!

It looks like I might have more volunteers than I was thinking, that is great because I have the Metro, VP 1500, but also Sovereign S1, Sovereign S2 and MGB GT that all qualify for pre 1997 BL. Then I have my Vitesse, although currently running so badly that it is not fit to go the 11 miles.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, Six-cylinder said:

For those who thought camping at the field of dreams was spoiled by the no fires rule, today I have bought a fully encloses garden fire with BBQ shelve. It is a reasonable size 900mm diameter base, 1300mm high.

When Mrs6C sees it I hope it will get full approval.

IMG_20190825_155054 broad.jpg

For some reason it reminds me of the inn of the sixth happiness ( which my dad was in!).

7 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I had to look that up but can't find any pictures of the fire!

Probably just me, but at the start the older woman ( not ingrid Bergman ) is telling the orphans bible stories round a steel fire.

the chinese mountain scenes rescuing the children was filmed in north wales and my dad was an extra. We’ve never been able to spot him though.

any film in which curt jurgens is Chinese and is filmed in wales can’t be bad!

22 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I was thinking about needing to press gang one shiter to make my dream come true of the Metro and VP1500 going to BL day!

It looks like I might have more volunteers than I was thinking, that is great because I have the Metro, VP 1500, but also Sovereign S1, Sovereign S2 and MGB GT that all qualify for pre 1997 BL. Then I have my Vitesse, although currently running so badly that it is not fit to go the 11 miles.

Wouldn't the E-type also be eligible? Or is that still broken too?

Dibs on driving the MGB if nobody else (owner included!) has called it.  It's over a decade since I last drove one and about time I reminded myself why I really do still want one.

Would love something BMC on fleet (pretty sure *bits* of Invacar don't count), but getting another car would be more than my life is worth just now!  Absolutely definitely until after the Lada goes.