Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

Good - if very long - day.

LBF's Invacar (and it is an Invacar not an AC) is in downright astonishingly good nick.  I reckon that new tyres, a full brake service, fuel system overhaul, carb strip and clean, a couple of really minor bodywork repairs and the obligatory chasing of dodgy earths and electrical connectors should see it good.

I'm not insignificantly envious!

Next weekend (19/20/21 July) we are opening up the field of dreams near Buckingham MK18 for camping, motivated by those who need to camp near the Festival of the Unexceptional. This last weekend the Prep team worked hard to get the grass cut, the place tidy and erect the HQ tent. What you get is a flat paddock with orchards alongside, mains water and a composting toilet.  

You do not need to be attending FOTU to come and camp. All shiters welcome, bring your family, bring your pets. Motorhomes and Caravans welcome (no hook ups).

The cost is free to Shiters!

Day visitors also welcome, but bear in mind some shiters will be at the FOTU Saturday.

PM me for questions/address

IMG_20190713_165552 broad.jpg

29 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Next weekend (19/20/21 July) we are opening up the field of dreams near Buckingham MK18 for camping, motivated by those who need to camp near the Festival of the Unexceptional. This last weekend the Prep team worked hard to get the grass cut, the place tidy and erect the HQ tent. What you get is a flat paddock with orchards alongside, mains water and a composting toilet.  

You do not need to be attending FOTU to come and camp. All shiters welcome, bring your family, bring your pets. Motorhomes and Caravans (no hook ups) welcome.

The cost is free to Shiters!

Day visitors also welcome, but bear in mind some shiters will be at the FOTU Saturday.

PM me for questions/address

IMG_20190713_165552 broad.jpg

I plan to be there by lunchtime, so happy to park my car on the verge outside for a bit on e I've erected my popup tent as a beacon of hope for postcode lottery followers, as the postcode runs out a mile away

Thanks wuv, nowhere could I find a definitive answer to how Youtube embedding works and every Google result said to do fiddly things with BBCode. I wasn't expecting automatic embedding so that's cool. 

Let's try again. A delivery was delivered,

Then slowsilver got straight behind the handlebars and took it for a spin. Can you tell he's driven one before?

ETA before anyone mentions it: the engine noise in the first video is the ATV, not the Invacar.

21 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

Good to see Windmill Towing Services at work again too.

Yes David was a good find so local to me and in the Invacar unloading Video you hear me being told I should get a truck myself and my answer is I don't need one because I have a "David".

The parallel that comes into my head is from the Crocodial Dundee 2 film when Nugget is asked if he bought a gun!

Awesome stuff guys :) 

im happy to hear it sounds like everyone had a good time!

I have posted a collection caper type post in my thread, and ill be posting more in the coming days :)

hurtling along a bumpy field at 30Mph in an Invacar with less than stellar brakes is quite an experience :mrgreen:

(well at least I think it was 30, it was something like "alright iv tootled around the field at slow speeds, now to go faster!" where I then wedged the throttle wide open and shot across the field :)

The drive belt and battery turned up for the Jinling today and instead of working this afternoon I fitted them. I have test driven it 2 km and it is now in good working order, the clutch operates smoothly and the CVT changes gear. It does seem to have a fair amount of vibration, but I have nothing to compare it with to know if that is normal. Other observations are a poor turning circle and it is not really made for somebody of my size. 

Waiting for the chain lub and then I will give that a go as I has not been run for the last 6 months.

IMG_20190716_160604 broad.jpg

I enjoyed the FOD gathering last year and would like to attend this year on Saturday afternoon.  I will not be going to the FOTU.  My irrational superstitions regarding booking for events weeks ahead prevents such daring planning.  Last year I drove over very cautiously in the Reliant and had my son as back-up in his V70 if I started to expire in the heat or the car had a tantrum.  This year he's away on holiday so, although the Reliant is running and legal, I will probably play boringly safe and come over in the '94 Tipo.  Despite my journey being a mere 15 miles, I currently lack Mr DW's courage and confidence in elderly vehicles, preferring to read about his adventures rather than have my own  ?.

25 minutes ago, RayMK said:

I enjoyed the FOD gathering last year and would like to attend this year on Saturday afternoon.  I will not be going to the FOTU.  My irrational superstitions regarding booking for events weeks ahead prevents such daring planning.  Last year I drove over very cautiously in the Reliant and had my son as back-up in his V70 if I started to expire in the heat or the car had a tantrum.  This year he's away on holiday so, although the Reliant is running and legal, I will probably play boringly safe and come over in the '94 Tipo.  Despite my journey being a mere 15 miles, I currently lack Mr DW's courage and confidence in elderly vehicles, preferring to read about his adventures rather than have my own  ?.

You're not far away from me are you?  Sure we could convoy if it would be helpful.

I'm going to be limited to the event itself it looks like as we've got a new dog joining the family on Sunday, so it's going to be a very busy weekend...