Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

I may never father children 'cos I appear to have only just finished messing myself after viewing those pics.

F171 LBH's twin is still here, mega late flatface GLE auto G476 WOY formerly of Sigmund Fraud/Gary Cox. It remains waiting for me to be arsed doing the head gasket, something I should do as it was and still is the nicest 740 I've ever driven.

I have a friend who hates the whole process of selling cars and a couple of times he has just asked me to buy his cars, which I have dutifully done for a mate!

He asked me to price his 1992 Range Rover 3.9 EFI Auto Vogue SE after he had watched me drink 4 large bottles of Cobra beer last week and tonight called to say it was mine!

The Range Rover is fully running with a few rust spots and a couple of body mounts that will need sorting one day but for now I can just enjoy it as it is MOTed until May 2016.

post-4787-0-93418400-1449003511_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good- there are a lot of green lanes down in Surrey if you want to play with it!

I hate selling cars too- I don't think I actually have. My first 2cv I px ed for my cx DTR. The cx I px ed for the c5 which I px ed for the Mercedes. Basically when I come to change I just want rid of the car with as little trouble as possible.

Loving the Classic, do you have a p38 as well?

If you spotted the P38 in the back ground it was mine, I owned it for 5 years until Dec 2010 when I sold a 4.6 HSE Range Rover with great ease in the snow of that year. The picture of the 3.9 classic was taken in summer 2010 when my friend first got it but on my drive, last night was a simple its yours, I have taken over it's storage rent, as well as the car so I don't have to get it until I am ready.

I already have a Range Rover Classic, that one is 1985 which I bought in 2002 as a stop gap car! Currently it is in the final stages of being returned to the road after a disastrous string of engine changes that started when the original engine lost compression, then two replacement engine over heating but finally I have a good engine. Soon I keep getting told.......

post-4787-0-25946500-1449029108_thumb.jpg

Where do all these Visa's keep coming from? :lol:

I have several friends who think I have an unnatural love of Visa's, It started in 1987 when the garage I worked for changed franchises to Citroen, I sold the first new Citroen from the dealership, which was a Visa 1.7D. At that time I realised how much I liked them.

I think Visa's are better and more interesting cars than you might think.

The DS shot was in Carboug near Caen, it was an impressive looking B&B but that lacked in a few areas including Breakfast, when our coffee pot was taken from us and given to other guests!

We did a tour round in October including Ypres for the Flanders Museum.

you evil man - id be too scared doing a trip in an old classic :D

SAM_0227.jpg

SAM_0301.jpgs

so did it on that :D

SAM_0303.jpg

Not all my classics have been as well behaved as the DS, twice my Vittese has broken down in Europe the first time in France a drive shaft coupling bolt came out threatening to lock again the shock absorber, a breakdown truck took me to the port in Caen, I limped onto the ferry and an RAC truck collected me the other side.

Second time was in Germany when the alternator give up and the RAC insisted they had it repaired in Germany, then I had to go back to Germany to collect it. Fortunately Mike, a friend from the Citroen Car Club came out with me using my Visa 17RD as the slave car and turned the collection into a mini trip. Mike and I have driven in convoy across Europe before, him in his Visa GTi and me in my Visa Diesel, I was always surprised Mike did not want to cruise any faster than the 75/80 mph I like to cruise at when legal and kept wanting to stop for fuel or a rest. After driving my Visa 17RD back from Germany he commented he now understands why he couldn't keep up with me in his GTi over a long distance, the Diesel is so much smoother riding, quieter and only needs refuelling half as much!

post-4787-0-77382500-1449137614_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-76723400-1449137652_thumb.jpg

My friend came round with the Range Rover stuff yesterday, I knew it had a service history in spite of being a 150k car but it has every invoice including the original Sales Invoice, shame it does not name the PX.

The official handover day has now been named as the 31st December but I can borrow the car any time I want before that. Any guesses?

post-4787-0-05507200-1449141536_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-67260700-1449141546_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You are right the Oltcit needs to come out in 2016, as this year I have not used it at all. I will get it MOTed in the spring and plan to take it out to a few Citroen shows next year.

I have never seen one before.

I didn't know such a thing existed! Any more pictures of it?