Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

3 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I see the faithful old retainer has a little man from the garage to fill up for him.  Looking like the lord of the manor there @Slowsilver!

Sorry, it immediately brought to mind To the manor born, and the little man from the garage line to service the rolls.

Yesterday I added a Mad Max rear assault bar to my RR.

Really a height adjustable tow bar as the boat trailer requires 19.5 inchs to ball and the small car trailer 16.5 inches. Because they are both twin axle trailers they need to be towed about level or one pair of tyres takes all the load.

IMG_20220908_105523 broad.jpg

If the weather is not great and you own two Mercedes estates you can always back to back them and run your miniature 7 ½ inch train between them!

Our 200TE has a fresh MOT and is back on the road. One outstanding job we need to do is have the Auto gearbox oil sump replaced as it is weeping due to rust!

IMG_20220907_173758 broad.jpg

IMG_20220907_173418 broad.jpg

IMG_20220907_173950[1].jpg

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thanks again to @Slowsilver and @quicksilver for helping me get 7 Citroens to the Chevrons Rally.

All the guys from the Citroen Club wanted to look at the Trevi, which is under strict supervision after it died with fuel pump failure. 

IMG_20220909_183506 broad.jpg

IMG_20220909_193608 broad.jpg

See you tomorrow.

The result of yesterdays 8am start was I was part of 50+ Lancia Betas together for a group photo to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

Yes the Trevi (somewhere at the back) is a Beta, third generation and extended to be a notchback as it was thought that is what the market wanted rather than a sloping back. 

305759634_2132086016998315_1314324667582215016_n broad.jpg

18 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

FoD prep

IMG_20220911_145200.jpg

I fully intended doing the same on the Trafic, but the oil is sitting in the Royal Mail office despite me telling them to stick it round the back of the house if I'm out.  They're also refusing to redeliver because reasons.

RM, y u so shit.

FoD Extended hours!

I have been asked if arrivals for this weekend’s FoD weekend can start on Friday, the answer is yes you are most welcome. Just let me know when you are arriving so I can arrange entry for you.

As Monday 19th Sep is now a bank holiday the opportunity exists to extend the weekend to include Monday. We have one at least one staying Sunday night and anybody else who wishes to stay is most welcome.

P1180072 broad.jpg