Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

21 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

It would help even more if you could could provide a helicopter! 

helicopter.jpg

I think the Traffic Light would be the more cost effective option mind!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274954809655

image.thumb.png.8e0dbaaf60c8b571167c30539a32f7b8.png

the Seller even has 4 for sale so you could set up proper junctions either side of your property :) 

(and yes I have known of these for some time, and no I have not bought one! id love to get one but I just cant quite justify £73 on a traffic light right now! the "A seller you've bought from" is for some streetlight part a friend needs)

55 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

the Seller even has 4 for sale so you could set up proper junctions either side of your property :) 

(and yes I have known of these for some time, and no I have not bought one! id love to get one but I just cant quite justify £73 on a traffic light right now! the "A seller you've bought from" is for some streetlight part a friend needs)

I happen to have two Peek Elite heads: one for road traffic, one for pedestrians. I also have an ex-German head, but that's in a shed in Southend....

1 minute ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I happen to have two Peek Elite heads: one for road traffic, one for pedestrians. I also have an ex-German head, but that's in a shed in Southend....

Quite some long distance signalling

19 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

(and yes I have known of these for some time, and no I have not bought one!......

There's been a lot of decommissioned Peek Elite and Siemens Helios heads - all carrying halogen bulbs - offered for sale; some of them aren't very old either. The main reason seems to be that they were replaced by brand-new Siemens low-voltage LED heads, particularly in the TfL area. A bit wasteful to replace the whole head, given that the only changes necessary are the internal transformers and LED modules.

Peek Elite heads are quite compact, and were responsible for introducing the European style to British roads round about 1997. Siemens Helios less so. A lot less cumbersome than the terrible inflexible Mellor head that was previously the design standard.

22 hours ago, hairnet said:

its BL no it wont :P

You were Wrong!

Started with just a second or two turning on the starter.

I managed to buy diesel for it today in Tesco, but several of the diesel pumps were still capped off. It says my range is now 506 miles so with an 89 Ltr tank that works out at 25.8 mpg. Low but its last use was back and forth to the FoD and around in the field, usually it does 33 mpg, that would be 646 mile range.

IMG_20211016_141322_1 broad.jpg

Winter is coming, todays project was to move the boat out of the grass onto hard standing.

This is the first time this Range Rover has pulled the boat, the boat on its trailer had sank into the ground and was too low to connect on, the jockey wheel winding handle was partly seized so Mrs6C said can you lower the car. What a struggle I couldn't work the technology and Mrs6C got a scissor jack out and lifted the nose of the trailer to get the ball under it. While she was packing stuff away I read the manual more carefully and now I know how to raise and lower the RR!

IMG_20211017_171323 broad.jpg

29 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Keep seeing small narrow boats like that on the canal near me. Interesting little things they are! 

Ours is unusual as it is called a trail boat and is made of GRP in the style of British canal boats. Most canal boats even the short ones are made of steel, they are too heavy to tow with a large SUV and require a boat crane to pop them in a canal. Ours only needs a slipway where you reverse the trailer into the canal and the boat floats off.

Alternatively to a slipway you can launch it down a few scaffold boards into a canal under restoration!

It looks so normal when it is in the water.

P1270800 broad.jpg

P1260312 broad.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 3:42 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Mrs6C noticed some condensation inside the Mercedes E320 Coupe, I put the dehumidifier in it last night. I collected about 600 ml of water in 6 hours at cheap rate electricity I ran it for.

IMG_20211017_145937 broad.jpg

IMG_20211017_131038 broad.jpg

I’ve told you it leaks. For the last few years I’ve had the front passenger carpet out of the car as that side collected the water.