Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

16 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Could buy shares in a paintbooth and have the entire fleet painted in that colour! 

When I was choosing my own car at the Vauxhall dealer my boss decided that me always having dark red Met was boring. He drove me 2 miles to our new car compound to show me the new Lagoon blue, I took one but soon returned to Saturn red.

CVS Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0CD K275 YNH.jpg

CVS Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0CDi J440 ONV.jpg

34 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

When I was choosing my own car at the Vauxhall dealer my boss decided that me always having dark red Met was boring. He drove me 2 miles to our new car compound to show me the new Lagoon blue, I took one but soon returned to Saturn red.

CVS Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0CD K275 YNH.jpg

CVS Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0CDi J440 ONV.jpg

Funny how different colours change a car. I think it looks a lot smarter and better looking in red.

37 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

It’s amazing how cars sold today come in such eye watering colours such as grey….grey….silvery grey…..dark grey……darker grey……slightly black…. blacker black……dark black……. and white. Give me the 90s colours any day. 

Back in 2008 I went to order one of the new Fiat 500s, all the build up marketing said they were individual cars that you could spec up just how you wanted. I wanted orange and was told I couldn't or yellow, in the end I bought an Ex Demo car in black! To be fair I did think it looked good with its chrome pack and red leather interior. 

DSCN2574 broad.jpg

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Back in 2008 I went to order one of the new Fiat 500s, all the build up marketing said they were individual cars that you could spec up just how you wanted. I wanted orange and was told I couldn't or yellow, in the end I bought an Ex Demo car in black! To be fair I did think it looked good with its chrome pack and red leather interior.

IIRC Fiat had one of the first, online 'car configurator' services on their website, where the user could choose colours, trim packages etc. and have the on-screen views of the vehicle change to illustrate the options selected and do a 360 turnaround view of its exterior and interior. We had dial-up internet access at the time with what appeared to be just a wet piece of string for line back to the telephone exchange, so it was very slow and clunky...

8 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

DSCN2574 broad.jpg

italian perv? of modern?

thats a surprise :P

A big thanks to @bobdisktoday for delivering a new puzzle for shiters at the FoD next year!

I was thinking we could treat it like the Edinburg Royal Tattoo and do timed reassembly then dismantle it again. No, we could just assemble it and ride it!

IMG_20211009_143446 broad.jpg

IMG_20211009_145553 broad.jpg

IMG_20211009_145657 broad.jpg

IMG_20211009_145947 broad.jpg

We put the black 156 back to work today and found the o-s dip headlight was not working. Hoping for a quick bulb change I put my hand in and the light flashed on. The spade seemed to be fitted to the bulb ok and then the wire fell out of the spade and judging by its dull colour had been loose for a long time. A new spade and all seems well.

IMG_20211009_164231 broad.jpg

On 10/8/2021 at 7:45 AM, Six-cylinder said:

Rover Nightfire for me please.

I think Rover Nightfire is the best colour ever, but have only managed to have one car in it.

P1400580 broad v2.jpg

Amaranth, surely?

What about this green? Looks dull in bad weather then the sun shines and boom - stunning looking!

26D50F6C-D0DC-4839-9E6A-CDC4D3517E75.jpeg

On 10/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, Mrs6C said:

IIRC Fiat had one of the first, online 'car configurator' services on their website, where the user could choose colours, trim packages etc. and have the on-screen views of the vehicle change to illustrate the options selected and do a 360 turnaround view of its exterior and interior. We had dial-up internet access at the time with what appeared to be just a wet piece of string for line back to the telephone exchange, so it was very slow and clunky...

I seem to remember when I bought a new Punto Sporting FIAT offered something like 121 different colours.

Of course mine came from stock and was a sort of pale metallic blue, then my Marea was ex-demo and dark blue with again, no choice.

51 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

A big thanks to @bobdisktoday for delivering a new puzzle for shiters at the FoD next year!

I was thinking we could treat it like the Edinburg Royal Tattoo and do timed, reassembly then dismantle it again. No we could just assemble it and ride it!

IMG_20211009_145553 broad.jpg

IMG_20211009_145657 broad.jpg

IMG_20211009_145947 broad.jpg

six cyl - lots

billy 0 @Cavcraft

50 minutes ago, RichardK said:

Amaranth, surely?

What about this green? Looks dull in bad weather then the sun shines and boom - stunning looking!

26D50F6C-D0DC-4839-9E6A-CDC4D3517E75.jpeg

Amaranth a bit too far out for me.

Your green Jag lovely.

But I raise you a Ferrari Roma in Rosso Fiorano, or maybe I could send Ferrari an old Rover Metro in Nightfire so they could colour match my new Roma for me! 

Roma.jpg

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Amaranth a bit too far out for me.

Your green Jag lovely.

But I raise you a Ferrari Roma in Rosso Fiorano, or maybe I could send Ferrari an old Rover Metro in Nightfire so they could colour match my new Roma for me! 

Roma.jpg

Not heard of that one...but given how long it is since I've really kept any tabs on new cars that doesn't surprise me.

More than a hint of E-Type about that from the back.