Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

19 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I didn’t even bother checking the antifreeze on it. I assumed it was a static exhibition!

( I did check the antifreeze on the other static vehicles - red, blue and none!). I even took notes and gave @Six-cylinder a two-page list.

Most of the cooling system isn't attached to the engine as I recall so no need to!

32 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Would far rather have been over there than messing about chopping trees down in our garden.

Not entirely sure what tomorrow holds, but if the opportunity arises I'll try to drop by. 

Have I missed the opportunity to get the CF going yet? 

CF is still longing for attention and was not touched today.

Back now, bath done, littlun in bed, feeling drained emotionally and physically, but it was a good day.

Many thanks as always to @Six-cylinderand @Mrs6C for the hospitality.

Also thanks to everyone there for making Dominic and I feel welcome. Apologies if I talked too much - it's a defence mechanism 😬

Was great to see everyone and chat crap. Even the impromptu comedy corner with @Talbot

It wasn't quite as bad as expected, although 4.5 hours behind the wheel left me glad to arrive when I finally made it. The sudden rainstorm on the M6 was borderline terrifying, sandwiched between two Stobart trucks - do I venture out from my 'safe' 56mph into the middle lane and mingle with those rapidly approaching from behind at 70+mph, or do I stay in the deluge of spray which is being thrown up at me and my single speed tiny wipers?

Sorry, no photos. Perhaps by tomorrow my hands will be steady enough to hold a camera.

Yes, I hadn't realised It'd started life in Milton Keynes. Quicksilver soon spotted the original dealer rear number plate and I've got the spare keys on the original dealer keyring. It's actually quite a nice old thing to drive. Nice and smooth on the motorway and corners nicely on country roads. 

19 hours ago, wuvvum said:

You think that's bad, @mat_the_cat drove down from Wales in a Series III Land Rover...

I drove a 2.25 diesel series 3, loaded with ex wife 3 kids 1 tool box and a towing dolly From Brierley Hill, to Egremont  (195miles one way)  to collect a 1989 Land rover 90..this was dollied back at approx 45mph...took 14 hours all in and went to bed knackered and deaf!!!

28 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

I drove a 2.25 diesel series 3, loaded with ex wife 3 kids 1 tool box and a towing dolly From Brierley Hill, to Egremont  (195miles one way)  to collect a 1989 Land rover 90..this was dollied back at approx 45mph...took 14 hours all in and went to bed knackered and deaf!!!

Is that how she ended up being an ex wife?

Landy is still going well - I've made it to Shrewsbury where we are both in need of fuel (pizza for me, E10 for the LR).

20210919_195046.thumb.jpg.90ae2d0e771fa396da9276ee0dca8029.jpg

I have to admit that I hadn't realised LR had carried on the same steering box arrangement to the new Defender. The one which passed me on the M6 appeared to be having even more trouble than I was staying in lane.

44 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

Landy is still going well - I've made it to Shrewsbury where we are both in need of fuel (pizza for me, E10 for the LR).

20210919_195046.thumb.jpg.90ae2d0e771fa396da9276ee0dca8029.jpg

I have to admit that I hadn't realised LR had carried on the same steering box arrangement to the new Defender. The one which passed me on the M6 appeared to be having even more trouble than I was staying in lane.

Lovely to have met you (as well as Crackers, Chris, et al), and thank you for putting paid to any dream I have of ever driving a Series 2/Defender. My wallet sleeps well again!

31 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

I didn't take many pics on Saturday, apart from this.

Spotty Toledo, but at least the rusty bits are protected from the elements now.

IMG20210918184509.thumb.jpg.95dc31dc3c3a107108c2046a5cc961ca.jpg

Don't remind me I had to wrestle you to the ground and pull the pink paint can out of your hand or heavens know what a pink Toledo would look like!:D

IMG_20210918_160430 broad.jpg

Great day as usual today. A few showers but generally OK weather wise. 

Today's actives mostly involved the green Range Rover being not-started, various cars being shuffled around, and my right shoe being dissolved by the JingLing ATV spitting raw petrol all over it. 

Nice to meet you @St.Jude and thanks as usual to the Cylinders for the tea and hospitality!

IMG_20210919_181818.thumb.jpg.3c7dfce66e19ddd28320e8936f23add9.jpg

IMG_20210919_181842.thumb.jpg.2281a212fe2c7197c63b27a48c706e7c.jpg

IMG_20210919_142244.thumb.jpg.3556736725a89543915318f1857e938a.jpg

IMG_20210919_181828.thumb.jpg.49ccc85818ea1c867b6d7afab617996b.jpg