Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

5 hours ago, hairnet said:

@wuvvum

Dave - how fucked not broken is the limo

Did the box go in the bin yet

Is there a story why for purchase

The limo has done a further 350 odd miles since it left the FOD, and it hasn't FTP'd yet.  I will be binning the box if I can figure out how to make the car work without it.  Reason for purchase - it was cheap and I wanted it.

17 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

bonus points if we can get it running/driving

because I have a driving test a couple days after on the 21st and so could really use the extra driving experience round the FoD LOL

(I know last time the Field was open for driving around, it really helped my confidence for the next few lessons :))

heres hoping the grass is cut and the weather allows it! 

17 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

bonus points if we can get it running/driving

because I have a driving test a couple days after on the 21st and so could really use the extra driving experience round the FoD LOL

(I know last time the Field was open for driving around, it really helped my confidence for the next few lessons :))

heres hoping the grass is cut and the weather allows it! 

@LightBulbFun, If I can get Tiddles there, you are welcome to have a go!

I went back to the fod today with the kids as I've got the week off work, so we pushed an opel forward and mucked it out! 

20210826_110930.thumb.jpg.aeb1ba879f9590359babdf3087f36351.jpg

Wasn't full of as much stuff as the others so emptying it didn't take long, we found a sealed (had to explain this to the kids) cassette tape 

20210826_112152.thumb.jpg.ce81e22dac0cca83e5b63a5ca150ca7b.jpg

And sadly more mouse damage although most of the yuk vacuumed out, and I flushed more out with the wet vac and a handy spray bottle we found which reduced the staining more. 

20210826_115205.thumb.jpg.95ef6b38a9e640ea7b0dc6c44dcbeecc.jpg

The field rally car then got emptied and we found the floor that remained! One more to go through on the 18/19th and they'll all be ready to restore... 

19 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Helpfully I've agreed to do family stuff the weekend before so easily got the nod to come.

Contemplating putting some speakers in the Dacia so I can listen to something on the 3 hour drive this time though 😂

Have you thought about a sound bar with Bluetooth? Have one in the 2cv since the radio died last year, works with the dab adaptor from Aldi and my iPod.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, hairnet said:

rick parfitts let himself go a bit :P

man in a scary hat

mick fleetwoods a nutter innit :D

a man who loves his jaaaaaaaaag

blue car perv :D

book fools noone skinny

at first look i thought he was stood on the bumper - i need an eye test

'im not nicking this radiator right'

didnt know liam gallagher was there :D

I've been called a scary man in a hat but not a man in a scary hat. By god I look fat. @Talbot told us these photos weren't going online and he was just checking his camera and testing different settings. Lies,lies LIES I tell you.