Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

15 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

My RAC renewal is November and I don't want them again.  

Good luck with getting rid of RAC.

I cancelled them last year; they never answer their phone or respond to emails. The only way to do it is cancel any standing payments so they don’t get the money and be very firm when they phone you and nag about payment not received. I had to go beyond firm and get shouty and rude eventually.

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

broken xbox m8

AND HERE IT IS!!!

20210820_074300.thumb.jpg.3d749764297893e725caa272b05a13de.jpg

Tent, tools and broken Xbox mate.  What more could you need?

Question:  The weather forecast for this weekend is, frankly, terrible.  Is this still going to go ahead?  I ask, as the forecast for the bank-holiday weekend is loads better... but I am sure just about everyone has other plans for a B/H weekend.

The Carlton breakdown.  I'm not surprised that it overheated after blowing a hose off... that car is a complete arse to bleed properly, hence using water pressure previously.  The non-start is a bugger though.  I wonder if the hose blowing off has knocked a cable somewhere and maybe it's not charging, hence the battery being flat.

Tomorrow has got a bit fruity hasn't it! 

I'm dropping the children off at my mums tomorrow morning and will be a village or 2 over so was going to come, might keep an eye on this thread now incase it is cancelled... (or pop to the cylinders for a cup of tea then come home instead) 

Sunday looks good and again, I'll be over that way to pick them up... 

Regards rac, I have to use them with motability. Meant to be high priority due to the nature of the scheme,vulnerable people etc. When the ioniq blew a coolant hose at 11 days old I was left at the side of the road for 5 and a half hours. Regular updates to keep telling me they were behind though. The mini also overheated and I was only a couple miles from home and was told 45 minutes. After 50 minutes I had a text message saying they were now going to be 3 hours. I said to change call-out to my home address and I will get it back slowly. Once I home I was told 9pm,930 came around and I had a phonecall saying they weren't attending after all and it would be in the morning but being a Saturday if the car needed to go into the garage I may struggle for a courtesy car. 

I only use rac for motability as I have to and no one else is allowed to recover car even though I have personal AA cover on the van,trike and anything else I am in. I stopped having rac cover when they towed my old a4 back with a snapped cambelt,pulled unto my cul de sac and performed a u turn with the audi still on the tow pole and smashed in the front bumper. 

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

On the topic of recovery, I'm on my mum's AA membership as the second cardholder. An unintended side effect of being the second cardholder is that the membership card is printed with the policyholder's join date, so I've apparently been in the AA since 1989. 

I was born in 1995! 

I have roughly the same with my dad's RAC cover - I've been a member since 1987, exactly ten years before I was born...

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD open weekend 21/22 Aug, PM for joining instruction if you have not been before.

The 405 remains in the dead car pile behind my local shite friendly garage. I had agreed that they would do it as and when; a call yesterday (I had thought to take the resurrected pug to the FOD) told me that it remains on the treatment waiting list. Nae bother, as the recently acquired 75 can do the leg work.

35E5EF88-DE79-4423-91D7-4784593638FE.thumb.jpeg.5e27db085dc219db686d3e024387f207.jpeg

Screenshot_20210821_094736.thumb.jpg.f983100ac1b704ef2da590d254911cc8.jpgSo there's a 5% chance it won't rain, look on the bright side.

The Triumph hasn't been out since April. The handbrake was almost non existent then so I've adjusted up the back brakes, no self adjusting here, and both hand and foot brake feel much better. So I've just taken it out for £60 worth of Shell V Power and a paper. So I'm sure it'll be fine for a 200 mile round trip. I'll be leaving in about an hour. 

IMG_20210821_094012.thumb.jpg.2cbc1aacbd3c5c579cff530729428e34.jpg