Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

2 hours ago, dean36014 said:

As a matter of interest is the CF going to be sold on?

I bloody well hope not!

its genuinely one of my favourite of the bunch :) 

plus its got a solid bed, so its perfect for transporting 3 wheelers *ahem*

although @Mrs6C you might want to keep @Six-cylinder away from it, especially if he starts brandishing an angle grinder as he was threatening to remove the centre portion of the ramp for

"weight saving reasons"..... :mrgreen:

18 minutes ago, Talbot said:

I may have to look at bringing the 2kw inverter up then.  Run the generator to keep the batteries charged, but run the vac from the batteries through the inverter.  Much kinder on the motor windings.

Not sure I want to put my 48 hour old new toy through mouse poo, but I can bring some cleaners I don't really care about along to run off the generator if you have a bigger one? Chris's one tried but you can tell the motors are running slow!

I've got some Einhell cheap shitty things I picked up a few years ago that I've done nothing with, will get one/both working and if they burn up halfway through the day we can keep warm with them!

3 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Not sure I want to put my 48 hour old new toy through mouse poo, but I can bring some cleaners I don't really care about along to run off the generator if you have a bigger one? Chris's one tried but you can tell the motors are running slow!

I've got some Einhell cheap shitty things I picked up a few years ago that I've done nothing with, will get one/both working and if they burn up halfway through the day we can keep warm with them!

I think what @Talbot is saying is he has a mains inverter with a bit more grunt then the generator

which you can run your 240V vacuum cleaners off of

and then when the batteries powering the mains inverter go flat, they can be charged by the generator :) (or I guess more kept topped up by the generator)

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I think what @Talbot is saying is he has a mains inverter with a bit more grunt then the generator

which you can run your 240V vacuum cleaners off of

and then when the batteries powering the mains inverter go flat, they can be charged by the generator :) (or I guess more kept topped up by the generator)

Ah that does make alot more sense than I read it in my head! I think the vacs are fairly low wattage too so that could work very well tbh

4 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I think we should do one of those “will it start?” Videos on at least all of those treasures. Be very entertaining. 

if @dollywobbler can make it, I imagine it would be good content for his youtube channel going by how well the video on @Saabnut's green goddess has done :)

38 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Not so good from the other side, what have I done!

I love it! :-)

The missing door is in the back of one of the other cars, so a useful group activity at the next FoD could be refitting it?

That and a good clean inside and out would see this old workhorse looking much better.

59 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Excellent haul there, would you like me to bring my petrol pressure washer?

Might even convince the girlfriend to come with that many Vauxhall's about 🤣

Yes please.

We have lots of Vauxhall brochures to give away courtesy of @RichardK 

I guess I should bring the working Carlton estate to the FoD as it was from the same home.

One working cleaner sorted, of zero value to me, the random dyson tools it has with it are more valuable, and their worthless too! 

20210807_104227.thumb.jpg.405a4bbdf64d848343ba32c4d9b12223.jpg

Ready to suck up shit, piss, rust, oil or whatever comes it's way! 

@Talbot will your kit run it? It's a bit more powerful than I thought but equally it's a fucking cheap shitty motor in it so I imagine these stats are a lie

20210807_104236.thumb.jpg.337dd2792342951615f0b71522b3e574.jpg

I do also have 2...although the 2nd has no tools, no hose and does have a waft of carbon about it which might be the motor not having long left (although it runs OK) or that it was full of soot with the wrong filter fitted... If anyone wants it to do anything with for £0 shout and I'll bring it along! 

20210807_104220.thumb.jpg.0ee55c3070551e63abd9a303f6d179f2.jpg

Can bring another cleaner if needed but we'd be at 2000w then which may be pushing it a bit for a generator... And I'd care more about said other cleaner than this one! 

14 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thanks, I think we have one from fixing the Carlton estate 2.0i Club.

This is the worst bit on the Carlton from rough handling in storage.

IMG_20210804_164336 broad.jpg

IMG_20210804_164018 broad.jpg

Looks like its had a kick or 2... Would taking the door cards off and giving it a similar kick from inside the panel get 83% of that out? 

7 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Looks like its had a kick or 2... Would taking the door cards off and giving it a similar kick from inside the panel get 83% of that out? 

Depends how bothered 6C is with the amount of work needed v quality of finish. Both those dents look bastards to get out completely, and the back one needs like a double pull, IMHO.

What bodywork tools, heat gun etc. are available?