Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

What a snub!

I used the Sovereign S2 to visit Stoke Mandeville Hospital and in car park C it scans your reg on the way in, you type your reg into a machine before you leave and pay. Then the barrier will lift for you automatically.

The machine said "License Plate Not Found"

IMG_20210713_104813 broad.jpg

IMG_20210716_094845 broad.jpg

5 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

What a snub!

I used the Sovereign S2 to visit Stoke Mandeville Hospital and in car park C it scans your reg on the way in, you type your reg into a machine before you leave and pay. Then the barrier will lift for you automatically.

Maybe the scanner does not work for white on black?

Saturday 31st July Evening @mat_the_cat is camping in the FoD for an event at Silverstone.

My thought is does anybody else want to come over for an evening talking car rubbish?

If the weather is with us we can light the garden fire basket.

There is plenty of room for camping if anybody else wants to stay over.

IMG_20200822_122609.thumb.jpg.2e5870dc332655cf9821eb895b923cf0.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - 31st July evening talking rubbish at FoD?
1 hour ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Maybe the scanner does not work for white on black?

That hadn't occurred to me actually, but I had something similar happen to me somewhere in the Rover. I might have to go round and do a car park group test. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

What a snub!

That's clearly a programming failure. Some eejit only coded it to recognise post-August 1983 plates.

The car park in St Albans doesn't properly read the Capri's numberplate, but it at least consistently mis-reads it so I can work around it. 

Not accepting old numberplates is odd, since some will be used as private plates by the SUV brigade, and a regex for numberplates is probably flying around online somewhere.

See also: telephone numbers either incorrectly formatted or incorrectly rejected. Niche use cases but not difficult to sort.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - 31st July Evening talking rubbish at FoD?
13 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

That weekend is Saabfest at Prescott Hill Climb, so whilst I will be in the area, I will not be able to attend.

31st July is just an Evening gathering in addition to the next FoD weekend which I am about to announce for 21/22 August.

218235601_10165995466075427_3214009734238284774_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Yes 31st is FOTU and that's 92 miles away!

Knowing that FOTU finishes late afternoon this doesn't bother me much, I could pop over for a while around probably 6/7pm and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Knowing that FOTU finishes late afternoon this doesn't bother me much, I could pop over for a while around probably 6/7pm and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

It should be a nice evening if the weather is with us, but I do understand this would be a lot of driving for some.

Mrs6c ZX TD estate played up last night and would not switch off without stalling it and even then a couple of warning lights stayed on until I disconnected the battery. Today I took it to my favourite garage and it switched off and on just fine. I have been concerned about the gearbox and a grumbling noise so asked they checked that and it turns out to be OS front wheel bearing, so not so bad.

I collected my Beetle today after a light oil change service and MOT. It was too hot for roof down so used the aircon instead.

Today Mrs6c bought the Mercdes 200TE home loosing water and as her ZX is still at the garage so the 156 Sportwagon is going to be pressed back into service.

IMG_20210719_205448 broad.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 10:20 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Mrs6c ZX TD estate played up last night and would not switch off without stalling it and even then a couple of warning lights stayed on until I disconnected the battery. Today I took it to my favourite garage and it switched off and on just fine. I have been concerned about the gearbox and a grumbling noise so asked they checked that and it turns out to be OS front wheel bearing, so not so bad.

I collected my Beetle today after a light oil change service and MOT. It was too hot for roof down so used the aircon instead.

Today Mrs6c bought the Mercdes 200TE home loosing water and as her ZX is still at the garage so the 156 Sportwagon is going to be pressed back into service.

IMG_20210719_205448 broad.jpg

My cx did that- the start stop solenoid stuck.