Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

12 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Spent a happy afternoon with them both cutting up a c15 van!

How's yours doing? I saw that photo of your 'marquee' style carport in the thread about temporary garages and the various maroon bits looked horribly like yours had met its doom! Hope that isn't the case?

1 hour ago, Mrs6C said:

How's yours doing? I saw that photo of your 'marquee' style carport in the thread about temporary garages and the various maroon bits looked horribly like yours had met its doom! Hope that isn't the case?

The 2nd van bit the dust as it was terminally rotten under the structural underseal. I couldn't face doing all the same welding again I did on the original one. The original van is back to being daily transport and plods along regardless. Just passed its MOT with no advisories. In spring all the best panels will get fitted and I'm going to attempt a respray to tidy it up a bit.  A lot of the parts of the stripped van went to romahome owners to keep there's on the road so it lives on.

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

We both laugh at the joke but how amazing would it be if you could... 

As long as you had a large enough printer, and could print each body panel separately to then attach to a steel chassis, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Utterly pointless, but possible.

Talking with another shiter today about the Spitfire 6 and its dull paint, he suggested we respray it in metal flake paint! Rather than being out raged I quite like the idea, maybe deep cherry red. The car was customised with Wolfrace wheel and steel bubble arches years ago and metal flake would just add to the effect.

Probably just a dream, but what do you think guys?

P1100966 broad v2.jpg

red flake.png

I do like red metalflake and it would look good.

But it looks nicely aged as it is and is presently a healthy contrast with the typical shiny, stripes and minilites Triumph look.

Needs a brown hardtop, then it’d be the perfect Spitfire.

Given that it’s a hot rod I think metal flake with flames would be good. Especially since @Slowsilvercalculated we used 5 litres of fuel trying to get it to run.  I’m not sure paint is the main priority mind you.

16914949-DBC4-4917-B607-BA305E277E29.jpeg

9 hours ago, HMC said:

The rear tyres with the brand picked out in white sort of adds to it. I’m going to say stop short of an airbrushed montage of  Harry Webster and michelotti on the bonnet.

Are they posing like gangsters, floating in space in that weird 'tattoo of a celebrity' way, or embracing in a Brokebackbonechassis Mountain way?

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Incoming!

Good fun for the summer.

That has to be one of the most useless boots of any mass produced car though, seriously...

Guess that's just a function of a smallish convertible and modern safety standards.

That still have the blue and red dash lighting on an 03 plate?  Must have been right about where they switched away from it to the current boring white.