Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Still a couple of Citroens lurking!

That's not a bad thing in my book!  Reckon Citroens are cars you either get or you don't.  If you do the buggers get under your skin.

See also: Me probably being about to spend more than mine is worth getting it back to the condition it deserves to be in.  Just a bit gutted I can't justify the cost of a full respray at the current point in time.  One day I hope..."BX GTi red" is my current favourite contender for the colour.  If I don't end up replacing it with a GSA first anyway...as that's about the only thing I can see taking that slot in the fleet.

Looking forward to being able to introduce my other half to the MGB this weekend...he's never seen one up close yet.  This may well be a good test to see how high up the "possible future motors list" it sits...already not far from the top.  P6 would be at the top...but they're pricey beasts these days in good nick...and it's been forever since I drove one...

Need to get him out for a run in a 2CV at some point, I just want to see his face at the utter sensory overload being in one results in - not to mention the comedy body roll.

14 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Is it cruel to make a V6 6 speed manual Alfa do the shopping on its first day home after a long spell being fettled!

Anyway it is home and great to drive

Beko's chicken wire repair to the silver 156 did last and I got it to the garage. 

IMG_20190927_144139 broad.jpg

Yey no-one died! (this time)

34 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I’m unsure about the weather - not because I’m precious about the car but because I’m not that keen on spending 6 hours avoiding the rain. Also, it will likely keep a lot of people away no?

Thoughts?

It's always a bit of a tricky one.  I've only missed one show because of weather alone (because the show ground was roughly three feet under water!), and it's not likely to put me off if I'm taking a car...as a car is a perfectly comfy place to sit between the showers. 

A lot of folks have said that it's worth a visit just to go round the museum if you've not been before anyway (I've not - despite it being a couple of miles from my doorstep for five years now), so that may well wind up being a bit of tomorrrow afternoon's activity if all else fails!

Bit of a shame I can't take the van along as well as it would make a good "hospitality unit" for our rabble if the weather is awful!  A kettle, some seating and a decent sized awning can make a rainy afternoon an awful lot more pleasant.

9 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Bit of a shame I can't take the van along as well as it would make a good "hospitality unit" for our rabble if the weather is awful!  A kettle, some seating and a decent sized awning can make a rainy afternoon an awful lot more pleasant.

The cafe is good for that, of course... and there are lots of sheds and the old farmhouse full of interesting old stuff to explore. There is a theremin in the music room and if you ask one of the staff nicely, they will switch it on so you can play it... :-)

Really enjoyed today - I’ve never seen 14 Austin Maxis in the same place! Great to see some familiar faces too.

Faves of the day?

A white Austin Montego estate with the 7 bitter chocolate seats. Inexplicably I don’t have a photo, but @quicksilverwas taking some so hope to see his later in the week.

This guy is clearly one of life’s winners; beautiful wife and beautiful* car. I love the colour. Would like to buy really. 
A4E6B083-E1AF-4EC2-B095-19254830D4AE.thumb.jpeg.f6eeba38c4c37f89acfbed17765361c6.jpeg

I really like these late cars with the black grille and ARG badge.

His and Hers...

5585A047-C721-4D6B-8734-9667A37103FA.thumb.jpeg.226a131d5e48f3cef2416070e19ed833.jpeg

CE012BF3-0CA4-405C-9952-6358DC237B53.thumb.jpeg.e3d0b84e24e14ad6812f00023fb50bc9.jpeg

The “SE Dividend” illustrated on the right seems to be colour coded bumpers and a sunroof. 

Only really of interest to me because H Reg Rover branded.

75928156-CFC2-4360-8672-742EF0B9EBE2.thumb.jpeg.5870c14a48fc53d36270dd4c9cbc69b1.jpeg

This nearly won the Borniteidentity Allegro of the Day contest...

2A6C4B7B-2148-4F08-B595-F603EF7CC0E3.thumb.jpeg.a6038cc79c0cbf4e5db71cdf4d81732b.jpeg

But then this arrived - all the way from Bristol.

68571063-765A-40C4-A5DC-5D264CEF4347.thumb.jpeg.68e124abb8567a7f41489e796e65dff8.jpeg

I spoke to the guy at length - it’s on eBay and I think he’d like about £3500. It would have to be yellow and perfect for me to spend that kind of money on one!

All told a good day.