Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Sunday BL Day

We have drivers for:

1976 Vanden Plas 1500

1972 MGB GT

1973 Daimler Sovereign S1

1976 Daimler Sovereign S2

So that leaves the Metro for me and my favourite garage tell me the Vitesse is serviced and ready to use although it will have to go back to have a new radiator when I obtain one. Problem is it is in Newport Pagnell and I am very short of time this week but if anybody else wants to take the Metro or Vitesse we could work on a plan to get it back.

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

It's daylight now, how is she looking? 

I am excited so I went to see it at first light, mainly because it needs a fuel tank and I have seen on  ebay and wanted to make sure it was the right one.

ianamk helped me collect it last night and says at first glance it looks ok underneath, full assessment will take place next week.

IMG_20190926_071350 broad.jpg

IMG_20190926_071450 broad.jpg

IMG_20190926_071247 broad.jpg

Loving the RR, 6cyl.

Weather forecast for Sunday wasn't looking too hot when I checked last night. I was going to risk driving down to the museum in the 214, but it really doesn't like wet weather (usually fails to start) so that'll likely be a no-no.  If the weather picks up a little, it'll be the good old 420 again.

No full restoration, I just want it safe, legal and running well.

It is a shame Richardthestag's main workshop is not local or I would have dropped it straight there. As it is ianamk is going to help me access what is needed then I will decide how to tackle it.

I’m not usually one to say this - and prefer a car to be something I’m proud of - but just getting this working reliably would be about the full extent of my efforts with it. 

Will your enjoyment of it be further enhanced by it being pristine? Or could that actually stop it being used as intended??

Either way, I’ve not seen a Range Rover Classic in ages. It’ll be interesting to see  it back in action! 

31 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

No full restoration, I just want it safe, legal and running well.

It is a shame Richardthestag's main workshop is not local or I would have dropped it straight there. As it is ianamk is going to help me access what is needed then I will decide how to tackle it.

aye I meant it partly in Jest :) 

I intend the same for REV "safe legal and running well" it makes me laugh when someone asks me "so how are you going to handle the paint?" or "so who will be doing it up for you" (as John the previous owner asked me, that was a bit awkward LOL)

first priority is get it road worthy and insured, then worry about the rest latter!

20 hours ago, Andyrew said:

It's a land rover, you can only have one option at a time. 

it is possible, thing back to 3 way venn diagrams you used to mess about with at school ?

There is a space in the middle but it is quite smoll

Is it cruel to make a V6 6 speed manual Alfa do the shopping on its first day home after a long spell being fettled!

Anyway it is home and great to drive with working A/C.

Beko's chicken wire repair to the silver 156 did last and I got it to the garage. 

IMG_20190927_144139 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Looking forward to it, if not the weather.  Details please. Will there be food and drink ( coffee) available at the museum?

The cafe serves very nice food and their bread pudding is provided in huge portions, as well as being delicious.

The whole museum is great. Think 'Rural Life Museum' and then add trains and telephones.

17 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

The cafe serves very nice food and their bread pudding is provided in huge portions, as well as being delicious.

The whole museum is great. Think 'Rural Life Museum' and then add trains and telephones.

Great. Don’t need to miss Sunday dinner :-)