Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

I nearly bought a diesel one when I was about 20, but insurance was prohibitive. I wanted one when I bought the 9000. One popped up locally when I was looking but the bloke was funny about giving me the reg number so I could MoT check it, and wouldn’t let me view before the Auction expired... so I passed. 

I always thought the auto CX could have used a taller final drive ratio.  That big low-revving torquey slugger of an engine could easily have pulled a higher first gear from a standstill, and that would have made a lot more sense than having it hammering away at 4,000rpm on the motorway.

12 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

You don't need to brim it just replace what you have used and I bet you will get a much better mpg than me.

That reminds me. The BMW is now below quarter of a tank, so I'll be discovering how big the tank is soon... Just over 300 miles. Did you brim it and reset the trip before I took it away? Could affect sums. (computer  reckons 21.9mpg).

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

That reminds me. The BMW is now below quarter of a tank, so I'll be discovering how big the tank is soon... Just over 300 miles. Did you brim it and reset the trip before I took it away? Could affect sums. (computer  reckons 21.9mpg).

Yes I brimmed it and reset the trip but not the computer. That would have been 3 miles before you collected it. Unless you reset the computer that would have included getting it out of storage, MOT and service at the garage.

Had a dentist appt in Sunningdale, I parked the XM next to a rolls Royce phantom with reg something like R11LLS.

I’ve given up on the back to black, and the bottles empty now. In the interests of a quick and dirty solution I’ve used the meguiars tire* gel on all the formerly black trim. It looks ok. Well no worse than the paint anyway, and has helped some of the once shiny door trim.

After and before shots...

2A8A2915-45C9-4ABF-AB22-F5B9EADB4CFB.jpeg

EAEFD62B-A9D0-4647-ADE4-7026BE2E8CF0.jpeg

A458431F-34F3-42F8-9F46-058FE4CCBC42.jpeg

This weekend is the Citroen Chevrons Rally near us so I try and muster all our running Citroens for a trip out. Today I found a volunteer to help me move cars around and ended up following my 2CV and watched some crazy lean angle but somehow as soon as I got out a camera he moderated them!

IMG_20190912_112029 broad.jpg

IMG_20190912_103520 broad.jpg

20 hours ago, richardmorris said:

That’s what the door handles are for - stabilisers!

i really don’t think I can make it sorry, I need to get on with making tax a bloody digital pain in the neck.

That's one of the good games in the Lada.  Not uncommon to hear the rear mudflaps scraping on the ground when pressing on in corners - without any additional weight on board.

36 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

That's one of the good games in the Lada.  Not uncommon to hear the rear mudflaps scraping on the ground when pressing on in corners - without any additional weight on board.

My Jag is excellent at doing that, I ended up trimming the front flaps because they scraped on every corner.

Had a trimmed exhaust on my one Saab to stop it going "scruuunck" every time I turned into my folks drive.

Had a brief panic that the BMC thing was this weekend, then checked and no, that is a more general motoring event at MK Museum.  Less logistics involved!  Might take the van along if the weather looks decent, I'm in a functioning state and I can clean it a bit this afternoon...

Should be OK to come along for the full weekend dragging the caravan with the Maxi. Will probably bring along another of the fleet  as its not very far to travel but which one? 

Picasso mk1 ? 

Cx Athena series 1 ? 

Possibly the red wedge ? as its visit to the paint shop has been delayed for a month.

C5 x7 ? 

Fiesta mk7...? Naa. 

Will need directions as l haven't been before. ?

25 minutes ago, Retr0naut said:

Should be OK to come along for the full weekend dragging the caravan with the Maxi. Will probably bring along another of the fleet  as its not very far to travel but which one? 

Picasso mk1 ? 

Cx Athena series 1 ? 

Possibly the red wedge ? as its visit to the paint shop has been delayed for a month.

C5 x7 ? 

Fiesta mk7...? Naa. 

Will need directions as l haven't been before. ?

PM sent with address

CX or Wedge if you are asking me. It is what I like about Autoshite that anything goes.

6 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We achieved our goal this weekend, all ten of our working Citroens went to the Chevrons rally!

A big thanks to all those who helped.

P1100609 broad.jpg

_1100771.JPG

P1100655 broad.jpg

P1100660 broad.jpg

that is a very impressive and cool lineup, and nice work getting them all there!

I wonder what people's reactions where when they realised all those cars were owned by the same couple :)  (or did you keep that bit to yourself? :) )