Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

I have been talking to the farmer who is having our hay and he is going to try and cut and bail it this coming week.

THAT MEANS - we have 10 acres to play in!

I am thinking of a tinkering day focusing on getting the big toys out, digger, dumpers, tractor and horticulture truck. The only weekend I have free in August is 10 and/or 11th.

Is anybody free to help me?

----------------------------

While I have said focus on big toys the usual range of activities are also available including.

Tea drinks

Bring you family for a picnic

Bring you dog for a day out

Fix your own car

Camp

Mow grass with ride on mower

Fix Honda moped

Fix cylinder mower

Fix Triumph Spitfire 6

Polish Alfa Giulietta

Anything legal and not too dangerous 

P1430358 broad v2.jpg

Oooh!

ill tentatively put my name down, as if nothing else having a much bigger area to run around the invacar sounds like fun!

but I also would like to get some actual work done on REV, im thinking of replacing the fuel hoses (as there all quite badly pershied) and this sounds like a good opertunity to do so :) , I just have to check a few things before I can confirm anything

but yeah I will try and see if I can make it :) 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have been talking to the farmer who is having our hay and he is going to try and cut and bail it this coming week.

I am thinking of a tinkering day focusing on getting the big toys out, digger, dumpers, tractor and horticulture truck. The only weekend I have free in August is 10 and/or 11th.

----------------------------

While I have said focus on big toys the usual range of activities are also available including.

Camp

P1430358 broad v2.jpg

how dare you - more like FF tries to wrestle trac'r 3 falls or 1 submission

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Is anybody free to help me?....

Sundays are horse days, so provisionally only Saturday, assuming I'm not away having the exhaust patched up in advance of the MoT.....

1 minute ago, beko1987 said:

I don't think I can be bothered to break out the tent again tbh! 

I won't rule it out completely, but I'll have Charlie this time as well as eva

It is not to bad for you to travel home, but for anybody who is further away car camping, tents, caravans and motorhomes all welcome even if you want to go off site during the day to do your own thing.

David Fowler managed to get his Tri axle double decker bus in so anything will fit and is welcome.

P1410530 broad.jpg

20 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

The Silvers are free (well very cheap) on either one or both days of that weekend for tinkerage / ruination of stuff.

23 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

The Silvers are free (well very cheap) on either one or both days of that weekend for tinkerage / ruination of stuff.

I'll have the finished pictures and measurements of the 2 vacs too by then @Slowsilver (the next few days hopefully, the last new part came today) so pending your decision we won't have to faff about with meeting up somewhere for handover!

8 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Lovely stuff. 

Would anyone have the patience to put a dash liner kit in a mini? I’ve had a go but am hamfisted, impatient and devoid of all talent. There’s also a throttle cable and return spring to change too! 

I am told that I am not totally incompetent at stuff and am always up for a challenge, particularly if it is something I have not done before and especially if the vehicle belongs to somebody else so there are no consequences for me if I screw it up!
You may have noticed from some of Six-cylinder's previous posts that I have had some success in resurrecting a few of of his broken toys.
Quite happy to have a look and see what is involved, then decide if it is within my capabilities, bearing in mind limited time, outdoors and weather, but please take particular note of the word "ruination" in my previous post. Since you won't be paying me you can't really complain if it mess it up. Well you can but I just won't listen LA LA LA LA.
I have a fair degree of logic and patience, if not skill, but may forget to bring them with me ?.

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I can collect that for you no problem. Not going to fod though but sure our paths will cross at some point.