Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

For those attending Prep day this weekend a heads up that it is the GP at Silverstone. We are far enough away not to be directly effected but remember to plan your route to us avoiding Silverstone and the A43 between Brackley and Towcester.

Dadford Road Closed crop.jpg

Grandstand view of the Silverstone air displays from the FoD, then! We had the Lancaster a couple of weekends ago.

1200670267_30-Jun-19-LancasteroverFoD.thumb.JPG.31fde4233c67237b70e19b146a0bfe6b.JPG

On 7/7/2019 at 1:54 AM, Ghosty said:

Mr Cylinder, would  you be interested in a standard steering wheel for your MX-5? I can offer an original MX-5 Momo leather wheel in all  black, or a wood rimmed Momo that I refinished as it was painted when I bought it. Both are dated 1991. Horn push included! Both are surplus to requirements, and I can bring to FOTU. 

If the wood rimmed one is still going spare PM me please Ghosty ?

31 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

What time is the field open? I need to do my weekly shop first, but can buy nibbles for all. Ac not fixed today. His van wouldn’t start ( Mercedes sprinter). What does the weather forecast look like? I’m undecided on car transport.

Probably mid-morning, but PM Six-cylinder for exact timings. Weather will be dry, with sun and a bit of cloud, high of 21C on Saturday and around 20C on Sunday. Not too hot, but pleasant.

Sounds like Sesame Street. One of these is not like the other ones,

so thAts the tool boxes, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, soldering iron, crimp set and multimeter I need to bring. As well as the flapjacks and beko’s pink Henry.

18 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Sounds like Sesame Street. One of these is not like the other ones,

so thAts the tool boxes, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, soldering iron, crimp set and multimeter I need to bring. As well as the flapjacks and beko’s pink Henry.

Spacecakes and a hoover, tomorrow is going to be a good day! 

Trouble At T'Mill

The Metro has been running very well but pinks quite a lot so yesterday I thought I would retard the ignition a tad, after that it would not start but smelt strongly of petrol so I left it overnight. Today it still would not start so further investigation was required, there is no stark at the plugs but their is a stark from the king lead. The contacts inside the distributor cap were fury so I cleaned them up and the rotor arm, but still no spark from the plugs. I have ordered a new cap and rotor arm.

This is all because I said it would be fine for the Festival of the Unexceptional next weekend!

IMG_20190712_185229 broad.jpg

IMG_20190712_190917 broad.jpg