Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Should we be reporting Bucketeer as a victim of Modern Slavery? Forced to work for the landowner, and made to sleep in a car on the property, whilst being given demeaning instructions ("just climb in this boot and I'll post photos online").

9 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Should we be reporting Bucketeer as a victim of Modern Slavery? Forced to work for the landowner, and made to sleep in a car on the property, whilst being given demeaning instructions ("just climb in this boot and I'll post photos online").

This is nothing worse than Blackadder did to Baldrick!

IMG_20190705_142623 broad.jpg

Mr Cylinder, would  you be interested in a standard steering wheel for your MX-5? I can offer an original MX-5 Momo leather wheel in all  black, or a wood rimmed Momo that I refinished as it was painted when I bought it. Both are dated 1991. Horn push included! Both are surplus to requirements, and I can bring to FOTU. 

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Mr Cylinder, would  you be interested in a standard steering wheel for your MX-5? I can offer an original MX-5 Momo leather wheel in all  black, or a wood rimmed Momo that I refinished as it was painted when I bought it. Both are dated 1991. Horn push included! Both are surplus to requirements, and I can bring to FOTU. 

My car was "personalised" when I got it, stickers on the rear panel and centre console I have peeled them off, I have got used to the alloy wheels and snooker ball gear lever knob and still don't like the air vents. However the steering wheel is great and I like it very much.

Thank you for the kind offer and quite often I like to return a car to original but I am happy with my steering wheel.

Let this be a warning to you all, this is what happens if you buy a car off of Retrorides!

mixy18.jpg

mixy8.jpg

IMG_20190707_084718 broad.jpg

21 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am now waiting for a friend to come over for some Range Rover parts, what better way to pass the time than a bat round on the new field bike.

The ground is getting bumpy so I have bought a roller, I now need the ground to soften up before I can use it.

IMG_20190706_134016.jpg

Could you replace the bike's front wheel with the roller, do two jobs in one?

I'll be turning up lunchtime on Saturday if that's OK? I'll have Parents in tow too, partly because their brining a bed to mine Saturday morning, partly because they can take the kids off for a walk and do whatever and I can muck in and help! We'll bring a picnic, and tea making facilities 

And not pay fuel, stepdad has a fuel card that covers personal milage! @Six-cylinderwe should try and nip to the house too so I can do your ram either this or next weekend

10 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I'll be turning up lunchtime on Saturday if that's OK? I'll have Parents in tow too, partly because their brining a bed to mine Saturday morning, partly because they can take the kids off for a walk and do whatever and I can muck in and help! We'll bring a picnic, and tea making facilities 

And not pay fuel, stepdad has a fuel card that covers personal milage! @Six-cylinderwe should try and nip to the house too so I can do your ram either this or next weekend

6 hours ago, Andyrew said:

Ohh, it's one of those kinds of weekend is it. 

The Rams round here tup the ewes. Whatever, I’m glad he’s up as I’ll be able to offload the pink Henry I liberated from my neighbour’s bin.

Another broken toy to fix, a Jinling does not mean I have been drinking!

I have bought a 2 year old ATV sounds very posh, but this is a cheap Chinese copy that is broken so fully Autoshite. I am told it was used for pulling a horse manege rake that was too heavy for it and it has CVT transmission issues. Also it has not been used for 6 months so now has a flat battery.

It should be with me Saturday for FoD prep day! 

IMG_20190709_152027 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_152053 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_152410 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_152419 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_152438 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_151140 broad.jpg

IMG_20190709_152040 broad.jpg

45 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

That looks brilliant. I look forward to slowsilver fixing it so I can have a go!

While I admire your optimism and thank you for your confidence in my fixerating ability I can certainly recharge or replace a battery but I'm no CVT expert (BTW what does CVT stand for again?).
TL:DR If you want a go on it, you may have to fix it yourself ?.

11 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

That fine* example of agricultural technology exudes quality*

CVT - Constant Velocity Transmission (I think)

I actually thought it was Continuously Variable Transmission, but what do I know?

EDIT: Just googled it.

Continuously variable transmission

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A continuously variable transmission (CVT),

Turns out I do know stuff after all. Who'd have thought it. Certainly not me.

EDIT again: Six-cylinder beat me to it. I know stuff but can only type really slowly.