Jump to content

Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - What shall we do 2021 at the FoD?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

The Kugelfiscer injection system was cleaned and set up 6 years ago, but given their frightful reputation I was expecting to have to had it done again and it even ran on 6 year old petrol.

The colour is Storm Grey.

 

IMG_20200830_174849 broad.jpg

It’s stunning, and sadly no longer fits in with the theme of the collection - being all of gorgeous, working, non rusty, shiny and in demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My design house of choice is Bertone ( gandini was a genius) but pininfarina did do lovely work too. I expect that there isn’t a bad looking angle on that car. If you’ve seen my posts this week from work which was full of Aston martins- most of which were rather over blown and showy -it is possible to make a very expensive car rather ugly, and zagato never seemed to have the right eye.

Link to post
Share on other sites

can i ask a smol favour?

local knowledge from mk to basingstoke needed please

the trainz go into that lundun and on a sunday not sure what kinda service id get - can i you get from there or oxford heading directly south instead of east then out?

could i shitely myself from the fod to bassa on the saturday morning??

anyone game? for fuel and cake payment obvs

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Gamma OC didn't fancy trying to rescue the windscreen then?  Mind you I suppose most Gammas are MOT exempt now so windscreen damage is less of an issue.

was wondering that, and the rear wheels as well?

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Sad but that first picture of it being lifted by the JCB is calendar worthy for sure!

Ditto! calendar shot for sure, Autoshite flying cars LTD LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Gamma OC didn't fancy trying to rescue the windscreen then?  Mind you I suppose most Gammas are MOT exempt now so windscreen damage is less of an issue.

The windscreen was badly chipped and while they are in short supply it was felt it would have not come out in one piece.

3 members of the Gammer Club spent 2 days carefully removing any parts that were considered to be useful. The remainder of the parts on the Gamma had been assessed as not in usable condition or multi duplication of parts they all ready had in stock in their limited storage.

Not sure the Gamma making its final journey is very good calendar material, when we have other pictures of happier moments with Autoshite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On a happier note today I took delivery of my new Vauxhall Astravan Sportive!

Ok in 2005 it would have been new but it is a fully operational van I have driven around our field.

In Dec 2019 it ran out of MOT and an assessment was made at my favourite garage that it would be expensive to get it a new MOT and the garage was asked to scrap it. The garage has made a present of it to me.

Today I had the Astravan transported to the FoD for the delight and entertainment of visitors to the FoD 12/13 Sep.

IMG_20200903_114550 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_114913 broad.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Gamma OC didn't fancy trying to rescue the windscreen then?  Mind you I suppose most Gammas are MOT exempt now so windscreen damage is less of an issue.

Sadly the windscreen was chipped and it had a crack in it as well. The ultra-rare rear side windows and rear screen were saved though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

On a happier note today I took delivery of my new Vauxhall Astravan Sportive!

Ok in 2005 it would have been new but it is a fully operational van I have driven around our field.

In Dec 2019 it ran out of MOT and an assessment was made at my favourite garage that it would be expensive to get it a new MOT and the garage was asked to scrap it. The garage has made a present of it to me.

Today I had the Astravan transported to the FoD for the delight and entertainment of visitors to the FoD 12/13 Sep.

IMG_20200903_114550 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_114913 broad.jpg

Looks in bloody good nick that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 6:11 PM, hairnet said:

can i ask a smol favour?

local knowledge from mk to basingstoke needed please

the trainz go into that lundun and on a sunday not sure what kinda service id get - can i you get from there or oxford heading directly south instead of east then out?

could i shitely myself from the fod to bassa on the saturday morning??

anyone game? for fuel and cake payment obvs

If you can get from Basingstoke to Oxford by train (not necessarily as easy as it sounds on a Sunday) there is an excellent bus service from Oxford to Milton Keynes. Stagecoach X5, it's half hourly weekdays, not sure  about Sundays but I'm sure it's at least hourly. It stops at Buckingham too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a little run out in the Trevi tonight to a small car gathering. I must have swallowed a bravery pill as it would not start this morning and I had to take another car out, now here I am driving it 25 miles coming home in the dark! Anyway all went well.

IMG_20200903_193036 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_191540 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_193105 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_193231 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_194058 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_195457 broad.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - What shall we do 2021 at the FoD?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...