Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - I am having a Ford Day!

Six-cylinder

That switch should be repairable; if you can't find one I'll have a go at printing a substitute when the kit arrives.

My CX is with Andrew Brodie Eng who have been looking into the problem. They are giving me the car back on Monday because I need them to finally sort the misfire on the DS before I go to France. Then when we get some parts they will try again.

I have had some advice and pictures from people on the FB CX group including an offer of parts and I’m just waiting for them to find them in their shed. If that comes to nothing I will be pleased to let you have a look at it.

The pictures are from FB.

post-4787-0-04935700-1443944657_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-97090000-1443944674_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-88677200-1443944691_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-87951400-1443944708_thumb.jpg

Looks like any heater control issue will be the gears or the potentiometer there. Easily sorted, I suspect. Gears I should be able to replicate easily. Sunblind in C15 = it's got some nice food/wine/bodies stacked in the back and you want to avoid solar gain? Or is it because its future is so bright, it has to wear shades? Or, perhaps, it wears its sunglasses at night.

Looks like any heater control issue will be the gears or the potentiometer there. Easily sorted, I suspect. Gears I should be able to replicate easily. Sunblind in C15 = it's got some nice food/wine/bodies stacked in the back and you want to avoid solar gain? Or is it because its future is so bright, it has to wear shades? Or, perhaps, it wears its sunglasses at night.

You are just to good, the C15 is full of apples for Apple Day at the Chinnor and Princess Risborough Railway on the 17th October.

How's the DS? Our Safari decided to keep cutting out last night as we were on our way to see the Blues Band. I managed to coax it to the venue, then after, along the way to our Auto Electrician where we abandoned it and took a taxi the rest of the way home. Diagnosis was dodgy connections on the coil which he fixed and replaced the rotor arm for good measure. Just picked the car up and had a good chat about live music bands. The car behaved itself in the stop start queues on the A21 roadworks so it looks like problem solved.

I collected the DS on Wednesday night and did about 40 miles and it hiccough once. I did not have time yesterday to try it but today I gave it a good test, fast on the A41 dual carriage way then stuck in the traffic of Aylesbury. It misfired very slightly a couple of times after it had been waiting at traffic lights but was completely drivable without any of the kangaroo stuff I had before. The prognosis was dirt in the carburettor.

I did not take the Citroen HY van further because Atlantic who do the Ford engine conversions will only do complete job, supplying a recon engine and fitting it. I just wanted to buy the fitting kit as I know where I can get a good Pinto engine. I feel Atlantic were not going to be easy to deal with, so cut my losses and wait until I find another suppler.

My second Visa 17RD was going to be sold to somebody in the club but now they are saying they have nowhere to store it, so I think I will get it MOTed. I doubt it needs much, it’s got a broken rear light lenses and the drivers window is taped up because it falls down. It was MOTed until 22 July 2015 and has only down 4712 since last MOT.

I have a bit of a back log of cars needing MOT at the moment so I might take a few weeks to arrange.

post-4787-0-78070400-1445156279_thumb.jpg