Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - I am having a Ford Day!

Six-cylinder

11 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

One that works 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry couldn't resist 🤣🤣

Problem is that choice could be made today but be void by tomorrow. 

Ianbmw and talbot need to get the blue carlton going and we make you drive that (with the doors roped shut). 

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Waft in a Daimler! Just remember (if it's still there) that huge ledge upon entering the campsite. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

500 miles @ 16 mpg of E5 £218.49 ouch!

He wants to get there not via big yellow taxi :D

stand by french comment

Tonight my friend Colin came over and helped with error 404 spraying Bilt Hamber underbody wax on the inner structure of the front left wing and then bolting the wing back on. Colin took it off but Mrs6c prepared and painted it for refitting and Colin says she has done an excellent job.

IMG_20230607_173957 broad.jpg

IMG_20230607_195541 broad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Tonight my friend Colin came over and helped with error 404 spraying Bilt Hamber underbody wax on the inner structure of the front left wing and then bolting the wing back on. Colin took it off but Mrs6c prepared and painted it for refitting and Colin says she has done an excellent job.

that is because Colin is a sensible chap who is as scared of Mrs C as the rest of us 🤣

6 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

You haven't experienced gentle acceleration in a Visa until you've driven a Spécial that's only firing on one cylinder.

My Special uses both cylinders but is still out dragged by a motorway coach, wait until we get to 62 mph when the Visa continues to build speed very slowly leaving the coach in the outside lane with other drivers darting up the inside of him because I am now up to 70 mph!

48 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Today I collected my Visa 17RD from its cambelt service and MOT. It is pre covid since I used it, it felt very smooth and quiet with low power but plenty of torque. It also felt a bit cramped for the Shitefest weekend. 

IMG_20230607_165056 broad.jpg

Visa? "That'll do nicely"

@joannalumley

On 6/6/2023 at 9:02 AM, Six-cylinder said:

That’s a really good question we have around 30 cars that are legal and work.

Let’s eliminate some to get a short list. Any cars not capable of high 20s mpg are out. Metro and Visa Twin are out for having 4 gears. Citroen AX, Trevi and Gamma are out because I don’t trust them. C15 is out because it is slow and a bit cramped. MX5 is out because while it is comfy when I am in getting in and out is difficult, Mercedes 200TE because not as good as a 320, Citroen GS because it is stuffy on a warm day, BMW 330Ci because Mrs6C would not like it piling on 500+ miles, Fiat Seicento because it is my daily.

That leaves only!

·         Alfa 156 V6 Sports Wagon

·         Citroen Ami 8 Break

·         Citroen BX GTi

·         Citroen DS Super

·         Citroen XM 2.0 16v Auto

·         Citroen ZX TD Estate

·         Citroen Visa 17RD

·         Citroen Xantia Activa

·         MGB GT

·         Maserati 425 BiTurbo Saloon

·         Mercedes E320 Coupe

·         Triumph Toledo

·         Triumph Vitesse

·         Volvo V70 T5

Mr cms206 is taking his V70 2.0d and I *may* take my V70 T6 in lieu of the 205 for towing.

So either take the V70 to make a trio. Or don't take it because there will be plenty there anyways.

5 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Mr cms206 is taking his V70 2.0d and I *may* take my V70 T6 in lieu of the 205 for towing.

So either take the V70 to make a trio. Or don't take it because there will be plenty there anyways.

What we really need is a rescue party to get our 740 from Wales.

Today we took the ubiquitous Morris Oxford Coupe MGB GT for an 80 mile outing to an MG Car Club Lunch. It runs great even if it is not everybody's cup of tea.

Shitefest rating, is low because I find it hard to get in and out of even if I am perfectly comfortable when I am in.

IMG_20230608_181132 broad.jpg

IMG_20230608_184041 broad.jpg

IMG_20230608_124507 broad.jpg

15 minutes ago, hairnet said:

did you pick something interesting yet

or will you give that job to @Mrs6C :D

@Six-cylinder on his way to shitefest having been forced into taking the miniature locomotive 

wallace-and-gromit-train-tracks.gif.4c47e50414c075510503236e93ff83df.gif

"I meant in the Mercedes, not on its own!"

I’m watching @richykitchylive. He’s just said that the sm weekend was £1200. Keeps the riff-raf out as he said. You can’t lower the tone of the ds rally if you can afford to go.

I also spoke to dad earlier and I’d sent him a pick of my* Mercedes with the Cadillac and maserati in the barn. He wasn’t bothered about the American but liked the four door car - said it has a lot more style than the current ones.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes