Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - I am having a Ford Day!

Six-cylinder

Today has been a good clean up for my 735i with the help of my son we has scrubbed and polished it, cleaned the wheels, cleaned the engine bay and fitted new s/h boot and bonnet struts. All this is for its appearance at little Gransden Airshow tomorrow with other BMWs of the 7 series Register.post-4787-0-96796500-1440868239_thumb.jpgpost-4787-0-53152600-1440868291_thumb.jpgpost-4787-0-17151200-1440868324_thumb.jpg

Frustration – why can’t things go to plan.

After the garage removed the engine from my BMW E46 spares car they decided that it would not fit my E36 because the electrics were different!

The E46 was a running car and much easer to handle that way, if only they told me before they started.

Anybody got a BMW 328i E36 engine for sale?

"because the electrics were different".

Then change them. BMWs are wonderfully modular when it comes to K-bus etc. wiring. Though I kinda wish I still had my E39 528i to donate the engine from.

The E46 328i is a twin Vanos engine and I have had 3 people tell me it's not an easy swap. The E39 528i pre 99 would have done the job.

Over the weekend I was introduced to my new car! My son has been wittering on about a friend who has a Citroen ZX TD Avantage that he will want to sell and will I buy? Maybe has always been my answer but on Saturday night I got to meet the car so I guess somehow that means I am committed! Anyway I asked when and was told it was going to take a year to save for his new car so I am off the hook for a while.

post-4787-0-01629100-1441640376_thumb.jpg

North Kilworth, near Lutterworth. Maybe a touch far out, but not an insane distance.

I have four more cars this winter than last that need storing undercover and lost one storage space. I have asked locally and been given a yes but I need to clear a space, that was a month ago and nothing has happened. As you said not that far 40ish miles which, would be better than it standing it out for the winter. Maybe you could pm me with details of rent, postcode and security arrangements.

Car Day today:

• CX 2500 I/E has gone to see if the air con is a simple regas and much worse!

• Mercedes 500SEC has gone to cure a bomp from the front suspension, spongy brake pedal checked, Speedo bulb replaced and boot solf closer made to work.

• MX5 collected from MOT and service.

• Visa 17RD C reg, 2CV, BMW E36 convertible taken to storage.

• Collect from storage Visa 17RD E reg, I have a friend who says he wants it after his holiday

• Collect from storage ZX 19TD Avantage estate for use over the winter.

post-4787-0-91075400-1442505148_thumb.jpg