Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

E320 Coupe battery charged and refitted. It started on the button having stood since November.

The reason to wake it up is next week it is due for MOT so I can take it on a tour to Wales 17/18/19 March.

IMG_20230303_141940 broad.jpg

It always started for me and ran perfectly for ten years as my daily. You’ve only got it as it got a little crunchy underneath :-) plus the two deer strikes!

incidentally, it never had the battery clamp in my ownership.

26 minutes ago, hairnet said:

tart

On the contrary- I loved that car because it was so low key and unflashy, but would still out accelerate most modern stuff if needed. Just once I used the kick down on the m40- outside lane at 70 mph and truck in front had a blow out I pushed down hard to get past the debris - changed down to 3rd at 70 and hit 100 in third very, very quickly. It really is a superb engine and I think in production still in China as a knock-off.
Style and class but not flash. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

You mean whimp, when I could take my new red convertible for a driving tour of Wales in March.

Oh yes I did that once before in the white silver one..........

whimp?

nahhh

:D

only whimp would be me in that weather

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - I went Topless for Hairnet!
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Today I collected the MG metro after it had a new head gasket.

WOW it has never run so well.  @Zelandeth@Slowsilver@AnthonyG you need to try it again it is so much nicer to drive now. Smoother, idles cleanly and no pinking.

The bad news is that they noticed it needs a replacement steering rack as a bush has gone and it wobbles. I have found a new old stock Unipart one and ordered it as their usual suppliers could not provide one. Trouble is seller came back to me to say it could not be despatched until after 7 April, but as I could not find another Unipart one I have agreed to wait and have the car back for now.

IMG_20230307_121912 broad.jpg

IMG_20230307_121942 broad.jpg

IMG_20230307_122201 broad.jpg

IMG_20230307_125535 broad.jpg