Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

8 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Good of the AA to turn out on spec, just in case... 😁

That was my first thought, but I could not remember ever seeing that model in AA branding. I went in for a closer look because I am sad like that, I was in luck evidence of its former life was there in the form of the shadow from signwriting. It was a plumbers van for Sun Realm Heating Ltd.  

IMG_20220902_185516 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Saab engine removal now set for 17/18 Sep, but read post for 3 Sep activity
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Saab engine removal now set for 17/18 Sep
22 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Talbot and I will be there of course, though we'll be working on the barn roof.

@chaseracer, you are welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and a piece of cake, if you're passing.

I was thinking of visiting, but have not felt well this weekend, no idea why, just listless with no energy. Good that some progress is happening with SAAB.

2 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

have not felt well this weekend,

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are and feel much better, very soon.

There was good progress made at the FoD, on both the Saab and the barn roof. Also, much tea and many biscuits were consumed. All in all, it was a very nice weekend. Hope you will be able  to join us for another one in due course.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Full weekend with added Saab engine removal 17/18 Sep

17/18 September FoD

The main aim is to take the engine out of the Saab 95 and diagnose what is wrong with it.

In addition other games to play:

Make the ramps from the CF fit our small car trailer

Check Anti-freeze in any car you can find

Refit driver’s window regulator to Citroen ZX

Unwrap Toledo 2 door for some Photos to get it sold

Motor bike trailer – fit the new wheel bearings

Make a couple of the mopeds run.

Start Carlton 1.8 GLi.

Work on/clean your own car/stuff

Prepare wood for enclosed fire pit if anybody is staying for the evening

Drink tea and chat.

A home for you unwanted odd bits of timber at least 875mm long!

I had a shock at how expensive timber sheets are for shelving our new steel shelving racks. I decided that the cost was prohibitive and thought I would just gather some free unwanted pallets and break them up to form slats, but it turns out to be very hard work to dismantle pallets and the cost of getting the free pallets in petrol is high.

The shelves are 875 deep and 1500mm wide and there are 18 of them.

I still need shelves and over time will gather free slats and do it that way.

If you have any real timber 875mm long 10mm to 40mm thick we can provide a home for it. The width is not important as many will be laid side my side to fill the width of the shelve frame. 

Clear you garage out.

IMG_20220702_153643 broad.jpg

Just had a thought - do you have any large kitchen retailers/wholesalers near you? I used to be able to pick up 1200 x 800 x 15-18mm chipboard sheets as they are on the bottom of every kitchen pallet to prevent damage to the cabinets themselves. They use to give them away as it was cheaper than having to pay someone to dispose of them.

When I post events I have been to sometime people say to me "if I had know I would have like to have gone".

This coming weekend is my favourite Citroen Rally of the year and I plan to be there with 9/10 of our Citroens. All classic cars welcome and non Citroen moderns can be parked in the main car park to view the magnificent selections of Citroens.

z poster for event.jpg

Thank you @Slowsilverfor your help today getting Mrs6C's Ferrari to Service. We woke it up last week and all seemed well. This afternoon we collected it and gave it a wash. Then for some genuine 4* petrol and safely delivered it for a cambelt service later this week.

How much a litre do you think leaded 4* costs?

IMG_20220906_132938 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_140354 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_141408 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_141358 broad.jpg

Just when @Slowsilverthought he had earned a sit down and a cup of tea back at my house, I opened the post and found the new petrol pump for the Trevi had arrived and he was back to work. I lost the petrol pipes and of coarse it turns out I had left them on the old pump as it is easier to remove them with the pump.

We could not line up the bolts that attached the pump after going though the dipstick bracket, fuel pump, gasket and spacer block, many bad words were considered. In the end Slowsilver had to go home for his tea or it would have ended up in the cat.

I took it off again and even then could not get the bolts to start so I took off the oil pressure sender. Still no go so I run a tap though the fixing holes and that did the trick.

The Trevi fills its fuel filter, starts and runs. I did not take it out as it was getting dark and I was tired, the thought of petering to a halt on the road side was very unappealing.

IMG_20220906_180505 braod.jpg

IMG_20220906_185423 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_191350 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_193647 broad.jpg

On 9/4/2022 at 9:57 PM, Mrs6C said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are and feel much better, very soon.

There was good progress made at the FoD, on both the Saab and the barn roof. Also, much tea and many biscuits were consumed. All in all, it was a very nice weekend. Hope you will be able  to join us for another one in due course.

Thanks. Still not right, but don’t know why really - upset stomach it may be, but seems a long time. Hope to come up.

23 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thank you @Slowsilverfor your help today getting Mrs6C's Ferrari to Service. We woke it up last week and all seemed well. This afternoon we collected it and gave it a wash. Then for some genuine 4* petrol and safely delivered it for a cambelt service later this week.

How much a litre do you think leaded 4* costs?

IMG_20220906_132938 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_140354 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_141408 broad.jpg

IMG_20220906_141358 broad.jpg

I see the faithful old retainer has a little man from the garage to fill up for him.  Looking like the lord of the manor there @Slowsilver!