Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

To me (at long last now I've actually got my finger out)

It is now in my dry and secure workshop and will be reunited with its engine at the end of this month when I have a week off work.

Now all I have to do is sort the Nova, despite having some proof of the fact that Hairnet did all the required, HMRC are telling me its never been declared on nova (no matter how many times I read out the VIN number over the phone)  so I was told to fill it all out again and go from there, that was 10 days ago, no word back yet. I may have to risk trying to call them again.

Are they Volvo wheels on this?

attachicon.gifRed XM.jpg

attachicon.gifGreen Volvo 6.JPG

Yes Volvo with the centre caps neatly taped over. This was done by the previous owner as the tyres on their steel wheels were worn out and this set was available at reasonable cost.

When I first saw pictures of the car with the Volvo wheels I was determined to put it back on it's steel wheels and transfer the tyres over, but when I got it they didn't look so bad. In fact they look slightly better than S2 XM wheel covers.

I dream of a set of XM S1 alloys with brand new tyres.............

post-4787-0-55494600-1555668116_thumb.jpg

So having failed to win the Volvo 740 this morning, I went into the office for a sulk, but Mrs6C announced I was needed to move the boat later this afternoon so I had to dry my eyes and tough it out!

While moving the boat a Virgin balloon came over and landed two fields away or maybe it was shot down by the microlight.

While at the field I thought I would see if our mower would start and it did then I remembered there was no drive belt for the cutting deck so I turned it on its side (not crashed) to fit a new belt.

Then I had to start cutting my own grass as no Autoshiters appeared out of nowhere!

post-4787-0-93645300-1555706577_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-08804100-1555706587_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-18658600-1555706598_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-03024000-1555706609_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-58361700-1555706624_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-01563100-1555706633_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-30362400-1555706640_thumb.jpg

I am very busy at work and have no time for messing about with cars , so today,

Mrs6C was complaining the ZX had become a poor starter and this was the first day after 3 weeks notice I could get a mech to change the glow plugs, easy throw him the keys he knows what he to doing nothing needed from me. Except he released the injector pipes so he did not damage anything and it would not bleed so I got the job of operating the key while he manually bleed the system.

I needed my Vitesse from storage as it is Bicester Scramble on Sunday and I am booked on the TSSC stand. The only day my friend could help me this week was today, so I decided also I will get the BX ready to the front for next week when it is booked for service and MOT preparation work.

I needed a choreographer to manage the event!

Alfa 156 black started on its own battery and moved out of the way

Push E Type out of tight space it then started on its own battery and moves.

Vitesse was behind the  E-Type and needed a push before the doors could be opened, started after a lot of cranking and the jump pack it started

GS started on its own battery just fine to move out of the way of the Metro.

The Metro needed a jump but started fine.

Finally we are at the back row and the BX, that started fine with a jump pack but even after  15 mins put nothing in the battery.

reassembly is a reversal of the dismantling procedure, except the Vitesse has come home and the BX is at the front.

I got home and in view of the weather forecast decided to put the Vitesse in the garage, VP 1500 in the way and 2CV in the garage needed shoving up.

I now have two batteries to charge..........

post-4787-0-98999400-1556043503_thumb.jpg