Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

What the feck is an Oltcit?

To my untrained eye, it looks like some sort of Citroen Visa-based thing, built under licence.

In other news of moderate interest to Citroen lickers, I found out my boss at work has a Citroen LNA back home in France. :D

What the feck is an Oltcit?

To my untrained eye, it looks like some sort of Citroen Visa-based thing, built under licence.

In other news of moderate interest to Citroen lickers, I found out my boss at work has a Citroen LNA back home in France. :D

I done writings about this very car so here's the full story of the Oltcit: http://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/oltcit-oddball.html

Long story short: it's what should have been the Visa until Peugeot bought Citroen, then got carted off to Romania instead.

3 breakdowns today, yes three!

1st: was my first drive of the LNA after my Mech friend had already done a lap of the field, but I made 50 feet before it stopped running. It had to be towed in and the coil was found to be at fault, further driving resumed with the Visa GT coil fitted.

2nd: I have been using my MG ZR as my daily and it has never show any temperament so when I climbed back into it after the LNA work was completed I was surprised it would not start, immobilizer is not coming off. Fortunately I had left my BMW 735i in the field and was able to come away in that. I visited a local garage to drop some parts off and he suggested I disconnect the battery on the ZR for 10 minutes so I went back but that did not work and the car is still dead.

3rd: This evening was supposed to be a nice evening with the Triumph Sports Six club and in spite of the light drizzle and forecast of heavy rain later with hairnets words reference driving my 2CV ringing in my ears I decided to “Man Up†and use the Vitesse. All went well for the first 5 miles and as I entered a short piece of duel carriageway with no hard shoulder it coughed and died ½ mile later. I managed to get onto the grass but was only a foot of the carriageway so in spite of having a good tool kit with me I decided standing clear and calling for help was the only safe answer. I am a member of the AA but remember how long it took for them to sort me out with the Alfa 156, 3 hours. As I was on home territory I decided to use the lifeline of “call a friendâ€. 15 minutes later a Citroen C5 estate turned up with tow rope and I was soon home. The car is dead on the drive waiting for more daylight, better weather and most of all, my mood to improve!

post-4787-0-55307300-1494964865_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-48253100-1494964877_thumb.jpg

I have taken the first parts off the Rover 75 spares car. My 75 has a broken nipple on the front o-s calliper and the rear one is the wrong type so I have removed these today. The bottom engine mounting is also broken so with the aid of the JCB I recovered the one from the spares car but it turns out to be as broken as mine. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn't bad!

post-4787-0-88232400-1494966525_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-94357400-1494966540_thumb.jpg

Nice to know other fellows are having fun. Went to see a Dyane but it was very patched up. Other cars ZX rear end out to sort Seized suspension. Thanks Six Cylinder for planting advice & now have a second ZX helping to taking the strain.

Let's play Spot the Autoshiter!

post-20129-0-76335900-1495034030_thumb.jpg

Nice to know other fellows are having fun. Went to see a Dyane but it was very patched up. Other cars ZX rear end out to sort Seized suspension. Thanks Six Cylinder for planting advice & now have a second ZX helping to taking the strain.

Let's play Spot the Autoshiter!

So is your Visa still running?

I was thinking of a tax free Dyane but the one I was after has failed its MOT badley. When it is sorted I will consider again but instead of my 2CV which has a fresh MOT with little trouble.

So is your Visa still running?

I was thinking of a tax free Dyane but the one I was after has failed its MOT badley. When it is sorted I will consider again but instead of my 2CV which has a fresh MOT with little trouble.

Another reason I backed off from the Dyane was it seemed quite crammed my knees were near my ears ,more so than a normal 2CV,

The Visa is due its MOT very soon but is still running after MOT time going to sort bonnet , engine. the C15 seats have been removed & the little thing has new tyres & track rod ends in lieu of MOOOOTTT 

Another bad day, I took my Oltcit over to the garage who are going to have it MOTed for me today. As I got close I felt the brakes binding but the car still drove so I did the last 2 miles and was pleased to park up because you could now smell the brakes and they had smoke coming off them. I went to talk to the garage and the Oltcit burst into flames! A fire extinguisher job and it has done a fair amount of damage, usual stuff like HT leads, wires, CV boot but also the plastic heater casing that sit just above the inboard front brakes.

post-4787-0-49576700-1495132947_thumb.jpg