Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

I once claimed a very green w reg one of these via the DVLA abandoned car process. I wonder if it was him?

What to do!

I used to own this BMW E36 323i sport and gave it to my son when he crashed my E30. He then went to live in Canada and gave it to his friend, I have had a call tonight from my son to say his friend can't look after it any more and has nowhere to park it and did I want it back.

Not really was going though my head as I already have E36 328i Sport, that I did not have time to get on the road last year. The words that came out of my mouth were different I will take it back, but only if another of your friends does not want it.

So the 323i is better bodily than my 328i but does not quite have the grunt. I see the 323i ran out of MOT nearly 3 years ago.

I will await a further phone call to say if I am off the hook or not!

BMW 323i Coupe sport broad.jpg

I have always wondered what would happen if you took something like a Citroen Xantia Activa with its very fancy suspension etc

and threw a whole set of 4 space savers or such on the car, and then chucked it round a track or such, I wonder how would the car react to that, and would it set a new record for going through a set of tyres the quickest? LOL

(without doing something silly like a burn out)

22 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

What to do!

I used to own this BMW E36 323i sport and gave it to my son when he crashed my E30. He then went to live in Canada and gave it to his friend, I have had a call tonight from my son to say his friend can't look after it any more and has nowhere to park it and did I want it back.

Not really was going though my head as I already have E36 328i Sport, that I did not have time to get on the road last year. The words that came out of my mouth were different I will take it back, but only if another of your friends does not want it.

So the 323i is better bodily than my 328i but does not quite have the grunt. I see the 323i ran out of MOT nearly 3 years ago.

I will await a further phone call to say if I am off the hook or not!

BMW 323i Coupe sport broad.jpg

Is this what it looks like now, or when last MOTd four years ago?

50 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Is this what it looks like now, or when last MOTd four years ago?

Ok, yes this is how I bought it Jan 2014 from my friend. It had done 145k miles when I got it and was lovely being using as a business vehicle. Whatever it needed it got, which is why I bought it.

My son Richard loved it and got his friend Keith to improve the car further like spraying the bonnet to lose the stone chips. It was Keith who ended up with it when Richard went to Canada and used it sparingly. MOT records show mileage 169k in March 2016 and I would guess it has not done that many miles since. It has been kept indoors so I am hoping it is still very nice.

These pictures are Sep and July 2015, latest ones I could find including us in matching E36s!

P1360830 broad.jpg

c15 Picture 019 broad.jpg

Invaded by sheep today, we need a few brave shiters to battle with the woolybacks and get my Visa GT back for me!

Look out here they come!

1252554386_P1340483broad.thumb.jpg.05e642b64c39c256de855bdc960a6c6d.jpg

It's ours now and your not having it back!

556592227_P1340486broad.thumb.jpg.a9c7d82eb7d4110c0c32f5d31a7ddb1c.jpg

The others made me do it, I never wanted to take your car!

198104878_P1340485broad.thumb.jpg.0e646e92c607e9492a8fa7da154f9118.jpg

13 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Yes go in the field and start shouting "Mint sauce"...

Strangely enough, a friend of fine used to help out with lambing each year, and would end up with a number of orphan lambs to look after. She tried to give names to some of them, including a tiny one she called Spitfire on account of his ears looking like fighter plane wings. My suggestion of "Mintsos" was not taken up.

First the good news, I now have the MK1 AX 14TRS as hinted at in my AX 11TZX sales thread.

The bad news was because loading an AX onto a Sprinter custom car transporter and moving 70 miles was too easy @Wingz123 did it with the AX locked, without keys and the handbrake firmly on! My garage on arrival did curse me! Just for a little extra drama the ramp jumped from under the o-s front wheel while unloading it.

The AX 14TRS is now at my favourite garage for them to get it running and MOTed.

I can't wait to get behind the wheel and feel the power of that 1360cc 70 bhp engine!

IMG_20191216_114436 broad.jpg

IMG_20191216_120429 broad.jpg

IMG_20191216_120523 broad.jpg

IMG_20191216_121414 broad.jpg

IMG_20191216_121422 broad.jpg

1 minute ago, Stinkwheel said:

To be fair the 1360 tu in a BX was lovely and lively, so in an ax, it must be pretty close to the ax gt performance wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A GT is 85 bhp and this is only 70 bhp so won't quite have the raucous punch I remember from a GT, but a bit more the my current 11TZX.

A GT is 85 bhp and this is only 70 bhp so won't quite have the raucous punch I remember from a GT, but a bit more the my current 11TZX.

I’ve had 2 mk1 ax gt’s. Another car that is on my shouldn’t have sold that list. It’s a worryingly long list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk