Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - WANTED Driver's seatbelt for our Citroen XM

Thanks to Mrs6c for the supply of sandwiches and plenty of coffee aswell. 

We were lucky with the weather and it was nice to do some simple jobs even if the door lock was fiddly!

The Peugeot is a lovely motor. Having not looked around one in detail before the styling is just so simple and yet it has many neatly designed touches, like the front indicators wrapping around the front corners and the floating rear lights.  

For it to fire up as quick as it did was quite the surprise and after running up to temp it sounded sweet. 

Very impressive that the Pug fired up like that! Wheeler Dealers would have liked to have had it so easy, on their 2002 BMW!

I echo the sentiment that it is a beautiful machine. I like the silver. Timeless class.

7 hours ago, overrun said:

Very impressive that the Pug fired up like that! Wheeler Dealers would have liked to have had it so easy, on their 2002 BMW!

I echo the sentiment that it is a beautiful machine. I like the silver. Timeless class.

The Kugelfiscer injection system was cleaned and set up 6 years ago, but given their frightful reputation I was expecting to have to had it done again and it even ran on 6 year old petrol.

The colour is Storm Grey.

IMG_20200830_174849 broad.jpg

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

The Kugelfiscer injection system was cleaned and set up 6 years ago, but given their frightful reputation I was expecting to have to had it done again and it even ran on 6 year old petrol.

The colour is Storm Grey.

IMG_20200830_174849 broad.jpg

It’s stunning, and sadly no longer fits in with the theme of the collection - being all of gorgeous, working, non rusty, shiny and in demand.

My design house of choice is Bertone ( gandini was a genius) but pininfarina did do lovely work too. I expect that there isn’t a bad looking angle on that car. If you’ve seen my posts this week from work which was full of Aston martins- most of which were rather over blown and showy -it is possible to make a very expensive car rather ugly, and zagato never seemed to have the right eye.

can i ask a smol favour?

local knowledge from mk to basingstoke needed please

the trainz go into that lundun and on a sunday not sure what kinda service id get - can i you get from there or oxford heading directly south instead of east then out?

could i shitely myself from the fod to bassa on the saturday morning??

anyone game? for fuel and cake payment obvs

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Gamma OC didn't fancy trying to rescue the windscreen then?  Mind you I suppose most Gammas are MOT exempt now so windscreen damage is less of an issue.

was wondering that, and the rear wheels as well?

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Sad but that first picture of it being lifted by the JCB is calendar worthy for sure!

Ditto! calendar shot for sure, Autoshite flying cars LTD LOL

26 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Gamma OC didn't fancy trying to rescue the windscreen then?  Mind you I suppose most Gammas are MOT exempt now so windscreen damage is less of an issue.

The windscreen was badly chipped and while they are in short supply it was felt it would have not come out in one piece.

3 members of the Gammer Club spent 2 days carefully removing any parts that were considered to be useful. The remainder of the parts on the Gamma had been assessed as not in usable condition or multi duplication of parts they all ready had in stock in their limited storage.

Not sure the Gamma making its final journey is very good calendar material, when we have other pictures of happier moments with Autoshite.

On a happier note today I took delivery of my new Vauxhall Astravan Sportive!

Ok in 2005 it would have been new but it is a fully operational van I have driven around our field.

In Dec 2019 it ran out of MOT and an assessment was made at my favourite garage that it would be expensive to get it a new MOT and the garage was asked to scrap it. The garage has made a present of it to me.

Today I had the Astravan transported to the FoD for the delight and entertainment of visitors to the FoD 12/13 Sep.

IMG_20200903_114550 broad.jpg

IMG_20200903_114913 broad.jpg

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Sadly the windscreen was chipped and it had a crack in it as well. The ultra-rare rear side windows and rear screen were saved though.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - WANTED Driver's seatbelt for our Citroen XM