Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

It has worried me enough to ask that you come to the house, as I am not comfortable driving it about any more. Or is it the garage just covering 

Are they shite friendly but don't do welding on site? 

Yeah happy to pop over and have a look,  about on Sunday morning?

1 minute ago, Andyrew said:

Are they shite friendly but don't do welding on site? 

Yeah happy to pop over and have a look,  about on Sunday morning?

I was thinking if you looked at it we could find out if it it was safe to drive to your place or I needed to have it transported. Maybe it does not need doing until after the BL day or maybe its too big a job and I need to find an alternative way to get it repaired. 

Sunday morning is great with me. 

I took the 406 out yesterday to do the chores and managed to photograph the strange message it has been displaying for a few seconds after start up.

Google translate says it is speaking to me in German, anomaly exhaust gas cleaning! The EML light has always been on so I suppose this fits in.

The cars runs great.

IMG_20200825_151940 broad.jpg

Mine never spoke German to me, equally it never threw a fault either. 

Does sound best to ignore it though, who knows what demons you will wake changing it to English... If it's coming up in German you can do a gaelic shrug as you don't understand it and that's problem solved! 

You not got a bottle of Andyrews diesel cleaner in it? I've got one in the xsara

On 8/26/2020 at 1:43 PM, wuvvum said:

Ah, the dreaded PSA "Antipollution Fault".

My Rover 75 suddenly decided to start speaking to me in French one day if that's any consolation.  Only on the display in the clocks though - the main computer screen is still in English.

The bing noise and “ anti pollution fault” message on the display of my c5 has left me with long term psychological problems.

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

The bing noise and “ anti pollution fault” message on the display of my c5 has left me with long term psychological problems.

Its just the bing noise in general! When my xm had a hole in a coolant hose it made me twitch badly when it beeped. Same beep was on the washer fluid too, and the low fuel warning. 

When my dad's car shut itself off being self driving in l2 of the m74 in the snow it also beeped alot. Loud, through the sound system beeping. I had flashbacks! 

I don't think my xsara beeps at me thank goodness, the zx certainly didnt