Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

That recessed headlight bowl at that angle seems really familiar and I feel that I really ought to know it...but I'm just going round in circles without getting anywhere near any certainty.

Initially thought Triumph GT6, but the bonnet bulge is missing and the nose isn't pointy enough.

1200px-Dino_246_GT_%252824627987921%2529

12 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

That recessed headlight bowl at that angle seems really familiar and I feel that I really ought to know it...but I'm just going round in circles without getting anywhere near any certainty.

Initially thought Triumph GT6, but the bonnet bulge is missing and the nose isn't pointy enough.

1200px-Dino_246_GT_%252824627987921%2529

Two cylinders short and the wrong colour! :-)

Not a clue, BTW...

7 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I see the door has a quality* repair with almost the right colour duct tape.

I did instruct the garage to use silver duct tape.

There are doors for me waiting in Holland, my problem is I can't remember from who it has been so long since I agreed to buy them!

10 minutes ago, egg said:

How the FoD barn build going? 

Slowly but surely. We now have the first set of Northamptonshire arches! :-)

They were completed yesterday for the cowshed. The stacks of grey blocks inside the archways are there to hold up the frames for the wooden formers. The blocks, frames and formers will be stay in place for another week or so to let the lime mortar cure enough. The brickwork on the cowshed front wall will go up to the height of the bricks on the left hand side pillar. This will be the height of the roof eaves for the cowshed. The eaves on the main barn will be a bit higher.

18-Nov-20 - cowshed arches.JPG

I made the wooden formers in two halves, so they slot together in the middle, one nested inside the other. This lets them be adjusted slightly as needed, to accommodate any variation in archway width away from the intended 10', without losing the symmetry of the arch.

12-Nov-20 - archway formers.JPG

4 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Glad she's running again...has this improved the missfire as well?  Though the idle mixture may be a country mile out from me trying to adjust it when the ignition system was actually to blame...yes I do feel suitably stupid for not thoroughly checking that first.

It seems to have behaved on the drive home, though Six-cylinder decided not to push his luck and drive it anywhere else! I expect it will go out for a longer shakedown run tomorrow before being put away in the barn.

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Slowly but surely. We now have the first set of Northamptonshire arches! :-)

They were completed yesterday for the cowshed. The stacks of grey blocks inside the archways are there to hold up the frames for the wooden formers. The blocks, frames and formers will be stay in place for another week or so to let the lime mortar cure enough. The brickwork on the cowshed front wall will go up to the height of the bricks on the left hand side pillar. This will be the height of the roof eaves for the cowshed. The eaves on the main barn will be a bit higher.

18-Nov-20 - cowshed arches.JPG

I made the wooden formers in two halves, so they slot together in the middle, one nested inside the other. This lets them be adjusted slightly as needed, to accommodate any variation in archway width away from the intended 10', without losing the symmetry of the arch.

12-Nov-20 - archway formers.JPG

I love your arches

Good good.  Hope she continues to behave.  As I said at the time I dropped the car back off, drives absolutely lovely aside from that miss.  Can absolutely see the appeal and why among the folks who actually know the cars they're so well liked.  Crying shame Lancias in general rusted so badly as every one I've been in has been both a cracking drive and really comfy car to be a passenger in.

That brickwork on those arches looks great, not often you see that sort of detailing on new builds!

11 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

As some may know I have had a few problems getting my Trevi to start, good spark from the coil, poor/no spark at the plug leads. Well today I took advice from a man with a 1100, gave it a dam good thrashing with a stick and drove home in it!

I read somewhere recently that there were some dud rotor arms around causing this. Cant remember what make the dizzy is, its a black plastic arm with a pin holding the connector in. the plastic goes conductive, and spark gets lost. Replace with a red plastic one, with the connector moulded in.