Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Next door is for sale!

My budget wouldn't buy somewhere under a council house manhole cover.!

..Aside from which have you seen his neighbour - blinking cars everywhere ! ..And some of his mates huh ! - they come around to fiddle on his so called autoshite motors, and then spend half the day buzzing around in the field ..attracting all sorts of air-bourne fanciers and nosy parkers.. Shouldn't be allowed.   Why my Agnes was saying just the other day .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . . ... .. . .. . .

24 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Six-cylinder would like to be able to update his Motoring Notes but the shiny new AS site won't let his Windows XP machine talk to it... :-(

It could be the other way round, of course...

tell him to extract digit - can haz windoze 10 on la[ptop but typing this on xp on F%^&$D computer

:O)

3 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Just seen your comment elsewhere about the xm being your go to vehicle, checked the mot history and bingo, a clean pass! Did it need much doing? Well chuffed it has another test on it.

The XM has passed its MOT with no fuss, emissions were the only thing that needed working on. I asked the garage who prepared it for me what it was like and got an alright, I think that meant it was in great shape or he would have moaned like mad!

They also stopped the exhaust banging on the towbar, bliss and repaired the spare wheel carrier bolt so it can sit under the car again.

The BIG BIG news of car stuff is my BX now has an MOT.

Amazing as the car has stood unused for several years and the MOT man commented on what good condition it is in, without even surface corrosion on the brake pipes.

I am not using it until it has had a new cambelt, water pump and full service done, which is booked for next week.

( A quick reminder my dad bought this new in 1993 and when he passed on in 1995 it became my mother's daily driver. My mother gave up driving in 2008 and it sat in her dry clean garage until it became mine in 2017.)

IMG_20190501_154131_1 crop.jpg

17 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I can't find one for sale.

No luck with speedy cables?

Is this it at cx basis?

http://www.cx-basis.de/gaszug-cx-2400ie-bva-gzp-17081.html

edit : maybe not as RHD is probably different.  I can’t remember if yours is IE or carb?

F6B19C4D-063F-4E1A-BBC2-12E690931208.jpg

14 hours ago, Bucketeer said:

The other day I formally introduced my loaner 205 to another couple of red patina queens.

I think my drive looks so much better with a 205 on it particularly in diesel form.

Now tell the owner you can’t remember which railway station you left it at and it is too expensive to search them all!

23 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Speedy cables - not even a reply to the enquiry with photo I sent them.

I have assumed CX basis only have LHD cables, maybe I should actualy ask them.

this one says RHD 2400 carb,

http://www.cx-basis.de/gaszug-cx-2400-vergaser-rhd-gzp-17077.html

9 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Sorry I should have answered your question it is a 2400 I/E Auto.

I surmise the cables are not the same for carb and injection cars. Difference in length? Presumably Stan Platts / Keith Webb / John Fil van Delft don't have one spare in their massive archives.

Is there a cable from another car that could be adapted?

28 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I surmise the cables are not the same for carb and injection cars. Difference in length? Presumably Stan Platts / Keith Webb / John Fil van Delft don't have one spare in their massive archives.

Is there a cable from another car that could be adapted?

I have asked Stan Platts and he does not have one, I don't know the others.

Just now, Six-cylinder said:

I have asked Stan Platts and he does not have one, I don't know the others.

Yours is a 1983/84, yes? I'm planning to attend the CX Technical Day near Gloucester next weekend (if the mistress agrees to start), so I could ask for you when I'm there.