Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

39 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

I know of the Lhm systems but don't know much is regards to the workings and failings. 

Pipes rot out I know but are they the silly 3.5mm? Stuff like on the Dyane.  Or proper sized pipe? 

What's the protocol for pipe repair a section or replace a whole?

It is a special size. Different people have different views if you can join them so when we know what is wrong we can take a view or take some advice.

P1250820 broad.jpg

Here's your chance to challenge @Six-cylinder in the race to an MOT'd Giulietta. 

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-1-8-116-series-56000-miles-spares-or-repair-solid-but-scruf/113857951757

Plus if it was a dead heat then you'd win because it's beige.

@Skizzer is a B******d what do we want two for!

5 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

Scuttle rot sounds a tad concerning but from the pics it looks good, 

A light polish and some anchor wax on the crusty spots and she's a beauty. 

If it’s a complete basket case then at worst it looks like it has a great interior to donate.

14 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Just thinking out loud!

Sunday 29th September is Milton Keynes BL Autumn day at the museum and what car to take? The two Sovereigns fit the pre 1997 BMC, BL and Rover group restrictions, but I feel I would rather take the VP1500 or Metro. Which one???

This is what I am thinking, take them both. Press-gang an innocent shiter to come to Buckingham leave there car and drive a tidy MG Metro or the scuffest VP 1500 on the road the 11 miles to the event and spend the day bathing in BL beauties.

Any takers? 

IMG_20190810_143342 BL crop broad.jpg

I should be available for this, museum is only five mins from here...and I sadly lack anything BMC made  on my fleet!

9 hours ago, Andyrew said:

That's unusual. 

If I know anything about Alfas it's that they don't Rust , are reliable and bombproof like all Italian cars. 

Not like them flimsy old Volvos. 

Lol some of the newer Volvos are not as tough as the older ones. My supervisor at the depot bought a new V60 in 2014 and it was constantly in and out of the garage for warranty work. Nice car when it worked but he got sick of all the problems so got rid and replaced it with an Audi S5, mind you that's been back to the garage about 4 or 5 times since last November trying to trace a rattle. 

My mum also managed to make a mess of a Volvo a few years back by using a Sirion as a battering ram when reversing, the Sirion stood up to the impact better than the Volvo did. 

8 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

This morning doing a head count from an upstairs window I found the MX5 was missing from my signature!

Ok, a very thin excuse to photograph the drive this morning, but I think it looks good.

IMG_20190826_081610_1 merdge broad.jpg

I can see space for two more, easily.

B- not trying hard enough.