Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

As with virtually all cars these days, why build such big cars and then hem the occupants in with so much cladding?

What happened to car interiors that would let you spread your legs? 

Safety M9. It's easier for them to make the cars wider, thicker, pad out the interior, than it is to design a car that's smaller in structure while maximising interior room.

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Blimey this is complicated, all I want to do change the speedo from KPH to MPH. I have contacted Kia and they tell me it is in the navigation menu and sent me a screen shot, trouble is I can't find the screen that they showed me. To make it worse yesterday's chat has vanished.

I made a right idiot of myself in Tesco petrol station squeezing though to get the last right hand filler pump, feeding my credit card in and finding the right flap is the electric charge and the petrol is on the left!

For those who think I have fallen out of a tree and banged my head it is a Kia business demonstrator they have dropped at my house and I can drive for 2 days. I took up the offer because I am interested in all cars and trying a modern hybrid is very interesting to me. 

IMG_20210920_092549 broad.jpg

Do you get what I meant about the acceleration from it? 

As for the KPH/MPH thing, have you tried cycling through the menu on the dashboard itself with the steering wheel controls and finding Vehicle Parameters (or something like that)?

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Andyrew is trying to make our Allegro VP a whole car again and would like this to use the lower rear quarter for repairs.

Thing is Nottingham is just a bit too far for me to travel at the moment. Could somebody collect it for me and get it a bit further south for us?

I live near Buckingham but anywhere within an hours drive to meet up would be fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373503744877?hash=item56f68edb6d:g:ObIAAOSwwhdgU2fk

z rear Quarter for sale.jpg

I'm Nottingham and heading south next week.

30 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Safety M9. It's easier for them to make the cars wider, thicker, pad out the interior, than it is to design a car that's smaller in structure while maximising interior room.

Do you get what I meant about the acceleration from it? 

As for the KPH/MPH thing, have you tried cycling through the menu on the dashboard itself with the steering wheel controls and finding Vehicle Parameters (or something like that)?

It seems to empty its battery very quickly with a couple a descent shoves of the accelerator.

I have tried all the buttons I can find so I contacted Kia and they said it was in the navigation menu, I still can't find it. 

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I still can't find it. WITH BOTH HANDS

when he goes into the infotainment screen theres menus on the left that he picks from - vehicle settings - you might be able to pick from that

its no anolog (!) should be able to change (i can change the bike from mph to kph pressing the buttons on the dash) and its far more basic that yours so yours should be the same itll be in there somewhere (no specific video tho sorry)

if its a uk spec and reg car it should be possible as its brand new

modernz are far too complicated etc etc :D

has next door got some kids theyd sort it in like 2 minutes :D

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

when he goes into the infotainment screen theres menus on the left that he picks from - vehicle settings - you might be able to pick from that

its no anolog (!) should be able to change (i can change the bike from mph to kph pressing the buttons on the dash) and its far more basic that yours so yours should be the same itll be in there somewhere (no specific video tho sorry)

if its a uk spec and reg car it should be possible as its brand new

modernz are far too complicated etc etc :D

has next door got some kids theyd sort it in like 2 minutes :D

I have now changed it.

I could not find the menu, but I did find the voice activation and that found the screen for me.

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Is that an oil can or the geni lamp should I ever need a wish!

IMG_20210927_153517 broad.jpg

I think, being an amber lamp rather than a red one, that's an oil level warning lamp rather than an oil pressure one.  TBH, I'd rather have a gauge than a lamp anyway.   I tend to be able to scan analogue needles like that fairly well in my peripheral vision (IE without actually looking at them) and knowing if everything is OK or not.  A lamp means "too late", a gauge gives you half-a-chance of spotting an issue developing.